911

"No. I'm not going to rehab!"

"You don't have a choice."

J'lani signed. He didn't understand what he was doing wrong with Xyola.

He checked up on her, made himself her safe space, even pleased her. So what wasn't he doing?

Xyola had issues from her childhood and past relationships. She knew J'lani hadn't done anything wrong. Her mind wouldn't bring herself to tell him otherwise though.

"I'm sorry." Xyola said. At this point, J'lani heard that a million times for him to even care about the apology.

J'lani rubbed his hands down his face. "What do you want from me, Amelia ?"

Before a response could come from her mouth, the doctor walks in.

"I'm glad to see you awake, Ms. Abraham. I'm Dr. Sanchez." He stuck his hand out for Xyola to shake it.

"When am I going home?" Xyola didn't hesitate to get to the point.

Dr. Sanchez frowned. He held the clipboard to his chest and crossed his arms.

"Can you recall the incidents that led up to you being rushed into the hospital?"

Xyola looked at J'lani and he shook his head. They both knew that cops would get involved if she said what really happened.

Although, J'lani had an idea of what transpired, he didn't know for sure.

"Nah. I don't."

The doctor looked at J'lani emotionless face. "Telling the truth will make this easier. If you feel unsafe, I can have security remove him from the room."

"What the fuck that's supposed to mean?"

Xyola sat up in the bed and looked at Dr. Sanchez like he was stupid. "Why would I feel unsafe?"

"Well, I just-"

"Get out of my room."

The doctor backed up quickly, but not before saying, "You might be able to leave tomorrow unless something seems wrong with our tests."

And with that, the doctor was out of the room.

Xyola looked at J'lani.

He still he had his emotionless expression. He stood up and started pacing around the room.

"How did I get here?" Xyola asked.

"I don't know."

J'lani Brewster

J'lani opened the door to his house ready to got to sleep. He didn't have to watch Ayden because she was spending the night with her friend, Tyrek. I didn't want her in the house all cooped up so I let her do things.

I saw Cienna and Emori in his living room. They were laughing talking.

"What the fuck is you doing in my house?"

Emori and Cienna turned their heads to see him standing in the door way.

Emori stood up and looked at J'lani. "Hey, daddy. I miss you."

J'lani stared at her. He couldn't believe that she had the confidence to stand in his face and act like nothing happened.

"Why the fuck you in my house, Emori. I'm not playing with you."

Emori scoffed. "I'm here cause I want my man back. Don't like act like you don't miss me." She bit her bottom lip and stared up at him. Any other time, that would have been a sight to see for him, but he hated the bitch now.

"Get the fuck outta my house right now. I'm really not playin wit you, Emori." J'lani took a deep breath. He was really pissed off.

Emori was making him mad.

Cienna fosho made him mad, because why would she invite Emori into his house knowing they don't fuck with each other.

She stepped and nodded her head. She felt like J'lani was a bitch for not taking care of her and her child.

"Ok. I'll leave."

"I know you are."

"But you gon want me back one day." Emori said, then proceeded to walk out of J'lani's front door.

J'lani turned to Cienna with a crazy look on his face. "Why would you let her in my house?"

Cienna took a sip of her wine and said,"She saw me in the store and told me she was in town for awhile, so we decided to meet up. I always liked her. She kept yo head on straight."

"You deadass been moving wierd. You know ion fuck with that girl." J'lani said. He was heated. Cienna disrespected him on a whole nother level.

"I feel for the girl." Cienna shouted. "You did her the same way you did me."

J'lani was confused. What the fuck was she going on about? "What?"

Cienna shook her head. She was fed up with the way she thought J'lani was treating her. She thought she showed him all the signs.

Cienna snapped. "You put always dem other bitches before me. I been here! I was always here! When you cried over yo parents, where was I? Here! When that bitch cheated, where was I? Here! I ALWAYS BEEN HERE!"

"You was being a friend! And what the fuck do you mean "I put dem other bitches before you?" J'lani was confused. He didn't understand her frustration, let alone who "dem other bitches" were.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU, J'LANI!"

"Nah, you must love crack cause it clearly got you yellin in my house like you crazy."

Cienna face went straight. She told him she loved him and he mentioned crack. She nodded her head and grabbed her purse. She was done. She walked out of J'lani's front door and slammed it shut.

J'lani sat down and blinked a couple of times. He didn't know if Cienna's bullshit or Emori's surprise appearance pissed him off more. He laid back on his sofa and went to sleep.