Chapter 4: Inspiration Is An Excuse For Bullsh*t Field Trips

"I need to borrow Mark for a day."

"Okay."

"But it's with someone from Taeyong-hyung's company--"

"Absolutely not."

"Jaehyun, why are you doing this to me?" Sicheng sighs, facepalming. "It's just for a picnic somewhere remote."

"Absolutely not. The picnic is nice, but Neo Entertainment can beat it," Jaehyun grumbles crossing his arms.

The CEO of 127 Entertainment looks far more like an idol than a boss, Sicheng thinks. His friend is a catch for sure, but the only downside is his weird vendetta with Taeyong. Okay, so the companies are rivals? Yes. Is that going to stop Sicheng then? No.

"You need to take Taeyong-hyung out of the equation," Sicheng tries to explain. "I need this for a personal reason. No companies secrets or anything. I just really need Mark. Okay?"

"No."

"Jaehyun--"

"No."

"Okay, fine!" Sicheng slaps the desk, shaking Jaehyun's laptop on top of it with a mighty force.

A glare of absolute death and unforgiving malice is directed right at his friend. Did Jaehyun murder his mom? No. Does it seem that way? Yes. Had someone walked in, Sicheng probably looked like he was holding Jaehyun at gunpoint or something. Maybe he was holding a scythe at his neck?

Sicheng puts a fist on Jaehyun's laptop, putting more force on it by the second.

"Winwin, I'm sorry, geesh!" Jaehyun shrieks, grabbing his poor laptop with wide eyes.

"God, I already have one dumb boss and the only reason you're not dumb boss number two is because you're at least my friend!" Sicheng says with a slight fury to his tone.

Yuta is already a huge stress on his back. Jaehyun doesn't need to add to it. God, maybe Ten should've come. He hasn't even had a conversation with Taeyong yet. Bless his soul if he can even get through this night.

"Okay okay!" Jaehyun says in surrender. "Don't get mad!"

"I'm taking Mark (or performing an amateur kidnapping), and you can't sue me or I'll release pics of your embarrassing SHINee shrine. Is that clear?" Sicheng menacingly demands with a glare.

"Yeah, sure, okay!" Jaehyun waves his arms in defeat. "Only for a day."

Sicheng's glare melts into a calm, polite smile.

"Thank you, CEO Jung. That is all. Mark will come with me this weekend. Have a good night~!"

And with that, Sicheng happily walks out of his office.

"Geesh, how did he know about my shrine!?" Jaehyun whines.

● ● ●

"I need to borrow Sunny for a day."

"Okay."

"But it's with someone from Jaehyun's company-"

"Absolutely not," Taeyong crosses his arms.

Oh for goodness' sake, Sicheng is about to kill a man.

"God! Why are you both equally dumb today?!" Sicheng screams, snapping with a hard rage. "I'm literally going to post every single nude you've ever sent from college on the web today!"