Chapter 2: Bad Pick-Up Lines, Hip-Hop Rhymes, & Dumb Times

Sicheng forgot to do the dishes.

He was sure he would go to bed in a mildly foul mood, but that didn't go as planned either. Kana made him her specialty hot chocolate and managed to talk him out of slamming his head into the wall every minute. She's honestly the best roomie anyone could ask for besides blasting Imagine Dragons at two in the morning. (Happens every time she has a deadline.)

When Sicheng wakes up the next morning, Kana is still sleeping. He quietly moves to the kitchen and starts breakfast. It's a busy morning already, as Sicheng's phone is filled with a few messages from his co-workers about some new songs that need to be choreographed for the next coming weeks.

Following those is a video from Xiaojun, mercilessly waking up the rest of the Dream members with the air horn. Renjun lets out an impressive string of swears. The first half in angry Korean, the other, grumpy Chinese. Sicheng raises a brow at Renjun damning some poor soul to hell. Chenle is too tired to scream and instead sits up in surprise. The younger Chinese then pouts sleepily and pulls his blanket over his head. Donghyuck on the other hand, is apparently a light sleeper, because he jerks out of bed and immediately starts tackling Xiaojun screaming.

The video cuts when Xiaojun's phone slams to the floor with a sickening 'thwack!'

There's a laugh from behind, and Sicheng turns to find that Kana had viewed the whole thing over his shoulder.

"You're awake," Sicheng points.

"Yeah. What are you making?" She points to the stove.

"Egg-cheese-ham toast," he replies.

"Is that from your new idol group?" Kana laughs, curly hair bouncing as she claps in amusement.

"More like a group of clowns."

"Yeah! They've got funny air horns to complete!"

"Well maybe," Sicheng thinks for a bit. "Renjun's probably more of a demonic clown. Did you hear him? That guy swears like a sailor."

"I think it's interesting. You for one should know it's a large contrast with his angelic image," Kana says.

"You watch their stuff?" He asks, surprised.

"Well they're all over now. What was their song? 'Kingka'? The MV is all over the place for the fantastic filming and editing. That Renjun guy's been popular for the pretty screentime he's got in the MV."

"You think he's pretty?"

"Isn't that an obvious thing?"

"But you're like his aunt's age or something."

Kana doesn't like that.

"You--! I'm eating your toast!" Kana huffs, crossing her arms in that cute fashion of hers. "We're the same age too!"

"Sure, Auntie."

"I said I'm not creepy like that!"

"Oh, so you know it's creepy--"

"Shut up!"

Sicheng shoves the sour memory of last night into the back of his head. He'd rather not think of it now. All he wants to think of is the delicious toast he's making, Kana's company, and the excitement to work on dances soon.

---

Ready to start the work day, Sicheng makes a mental schedule of what he's to do.

First, he needs to check Limitless' dance practice from eight to twelve, and then he's teaching Jisung for that dance cover twelve to one. After, he'll have to make a drive from 127 Entertainment to Neo Entertainment for Dream's afternoon session of learning the next part of their new single. Kana rushes to her company with post-it notes, and Sicheng cheers her on before hurrying over to his workplace himself.