Chapter 22

searching for answers

Author's pov.

Hyunjin still couldn't believe what he was seeing and so he quickly moved off the floor shutting the door quickly. Sungmi was Y/n... she had a personality illness?

"Do you believe me?" Sungmi's voice calmly called out again as if this was a perfectly normal situation.

"Sungmi... we have a problem."

"I know we do, but I'm trying to fix it, I don't want us to end." Her voice was panicked but it slowly started to hurt Hyunjin's heart. This girl, was also Y/n the sweet girl he had befriended. How could he do anything with Sungmi now, he was sure it just wouldn't be right.

"Sungmi... calm down please, I'm still trying to process this but I thought you had died."

"Hm?"

Hyunjin thought about whether to tell her everything but he decided against it. It would be far too confusing for her to understand right now. She could find out at a later stage.

"You... you were in a car accident about 2 years ago. You- you were in a coma until now." Hyunjin coughed feeling bad lying to her... but he had gotten over the fact she had died, why did she have to be back and mess with his poor feelings again. He couldn't cope with it all.

"I was in a coma?" She spluttered."Wait- what date is it today?"

"It's 2018 Sungmi."

Seeing her pupils dilate as her hands fell back to stop her from falling, made Hyunjin feel even worse for her. Y/n would know what to do as his doctor but she wasn't here; she was Sungmi. Hyunjin didn't even know when Y/n was going to come back and also the boyfriend she had, that would certainly be a problem, what the hell will he say when he sees his girlfriend is also another person.

"You can't stay here, my mom thinks you're dead and she wouldn't be able to process it-" but then he paused.

"Actually, you look exactly like someone I know- don't ask. But my mom will think that you're that girl. If you could just pretend that until I find a way to sort this out, it would be appreciated."

"Oh- what's her name?"

"Y/n. Just if I call you Y/n, respond to it."

"Okay... I don't know."

"Please, if you don't they will take you immediately to a hospital to check up on you but- they will find out."

"Find out what?" She asked and he held his head in his hands.
"Nothing, don't worry about it, we cannot do anything about it."

"Fine okay. What happened though to Caleb?"

"Why! So you did mean that kiss? Just trying to cover it up before saying he forced himself on you." Hyunjin's voice echoed around his dainty room as her eyes pulsed a little before she looked down. I guess he was still angry about the thing even if it was 4 years ago now. Bringing it up now was actually reassuringly what he needed.