Chapter 29

metal escape

I woke up sweating, holding tightly to a hand

I woke up sweating, holding tightly to a hand. It felt like a distant dream but I was sure that I was awake; I had to be.

"Y/n, wake up."

It was a force to open my eyes but I did it. It felt as if I'd been asleep for hours.

Chan was standing in front of me, a tear in his eye but I could sense that there was something bigger going on. He was awake, he was okay, that was all I could think about so I tried to run to him but a hand which I was still tightly holding to stopped me suddenly. Then everything sunk in a little more and I saw Hyunjin standing tall next to me not letting go of my hand.

"Hyunjin, let go of me."

"No." He said plainly and I saw a side to him I'd not yet encountered.

"I'm just so confused." I muttered still feeling in a dream like state.

"Y/n, he's dangerous."

Then everything went black again.

—————————-

The next time I woke up I was laying in my own bed, and familiarity flowed through my body in a comfort. I could smell Chan yet I could sense he wasn't here.

"Sungmi, I made us breakfast, you can come get some." I looked down at my watch and I saw the time was 8am. I had no idea how Sungmi would react but I could see Hyunjin in front of my trying to get me out of bed.

"I can get out of bed myself." I muttered, I could try pretend I was Sungmi but I knew that it wouldn't last very long. I knew nothing about her so how could I act like her.

I picked up my phone and I could see that the layout had changed again. How long was Sungmi in control for... Quickly my eyes flickered up to the date and I saw that a whole month had passed and my heart jolted. Where was Chan.

"I'll wait for you in the living room then." Hyunjin muttered and he walked away shutting my door. Now was my chance to get out of here, even though this was my own house, I could tell that Hyunjin didn't want Sungmi to disappear. I wasn't going to let her win this fight. I had to fight to survive.

I quietly pulled my window fully open and got dressed into some clothes as I took my phone with me. I wished that my memories would all come back to me already but they were still scattered in my brain.

The only place I could think of going was to Jisung's house so that's where I headed. To get there, I walked and went the longer way so that Hyunjin would take a little longer to realise that I was gone.

I reached his front door and knocked loudly on it, almost desperately. After 2 minutes he unlocked the door and poked his head around it. As soon as he saw me his eyes opened in shock.