Chapter 30

chan, chris and caleb

"You're Chan- You merged personalities?" I stuttered and took a step towards him before a massive breathy smile came onto my face

"It's proof that it's possible."

Forgetting Jisung was still in the room I ran up to Chan taking in his somehow neat appearance taking him tightly in my arms. He felt warm, calm and like home.

His arms wrapped around me too as I felt the tight warmth in his grip. When I looked up at him I just stared back at his beautiful eyes that I'd been deprived of.

"Chan, before we do anything can we run away together just for a day."

"It's too risky." Jisung butted in but Chan shook his head at him while he continued looking back at me.

"We can run away for a day, while you're with me, Sungmi will be staying away for definite."

I turned to Jisung giving him a shy smile but made sure to give him a warm hug too.
"Thank you Jisung for telling me about my parents. I'll visit dad soon, and I promise that I'll be safe. I will text you if anything happens."

Jisung sighed and let his tense expression drop.
"Okay Y/n, have a couple of days break, I'll keep my eye on Hyunjin for you both,"

I turned to Chan and he nodded at me. Excitedly I grabbed his hand and we waved bye to my brother as we shut his door this time.

"So where did you want to run away to." Chan asked and I giggled a little feeling the happiest I had felt in so long.

"It sounds so thrilling and mysterious when you say it like that."

"How about a cabin holiday home near the sea, or even... a day in Seoul."

Both the ideas made my face light up.
"Can we do the cabin by the sea, it sounds so dreamy and safe."

"I'm glad you chose that one, we can go to Seoul after this is all over." he replied and I agreed quickly. His hair was dark now as if now he had merged he had decided on a permanent look which was sort of in between the three.

"Do you even know how the merging works, like is Chris still in you, he was so scared to be gotten rid of."

"I don't know how to explain it but, I am Chan, Chris and Caleb, I'm all of them as one person. But the other two are less dominant in my mind. I'm just Chan, forget they both ever existed now that will be easier for you to think about." Chan unexpectedly took hold of my forearm pulling me into him as his mouth moved forward onto mine as he kissed me like he hadn't seen me in years. He pushed me up against Jisung's car as he held me there, kissing me just how Chris used to.

"I love you." I murmured, "I love all of you."

His mouth was in sync with mine as I tasted the soft mint that was in his mouth. My eyes closed feeling the perfect breeze on the back of my head when I suddenly realised something.

"How are we going to get there if my car is at my place where Hyunjin is?"

"I guess we can get the train." Chan muttered as he kissed me once more before taking his jacket and placing it around me.
"You left in such a rush you didn't even put a jacket on."

"Wait Chan, Jisung said you went missing for a month, where on earth were you?"

"I was near your house trying to work out how to get you back, I really thought I'd lost you at one point, but this morning, I noticed your bedroom window slightly open so I climbed in and tried to talk to you while you were sleeping. It must have triggered you to come back."

"If it weren't for you then, I could have been gone for good, although, if I'm honest, I do feel really bad for Hyunjin. He's only doing this because he's been hurting." I mentioned and Chan shook his head.

"Sungmi is dangerous to be the main personality, She's manipulative. For there to be unity the kindest personality should be the main and that's you, without that, Sungmi would be truly a monster."

"I didn't even think about that. If she was the main personality she would be only mean."

"Anyway, enough about this, let's go get our train tickets."

———————————-

There was a train station around 20 minutes away from Jisung's house but even the walk with Chan was comforting. I'd missed these days but it was even more perfect now because he wasn't struggling with other people in his head. Plus now, I could just forget about everything that had happened just for a couple of days.

"So do you know a good cabin we can go to?"

"Of course, my father used to take me to this specific one as a little boy but I want to take you now. Just wait until you see the view of the sea it's stunning."

I handed some money I had left in my pocket to the train officer and he nodded giving us two one way tickets to the sea.

"A two hour train ride sounds relaxing, although a book would have been nice."

"You don't need a book while you're with me." he kissed me again and I smiled at him still not fully taking in that I was happy and alone with my boyfriend.

"That's so true."

I followed after him getting onto the train and we ended up sitting near the back in quite a secluded area.
"This is just perfect." I muttered and Chan smiled at me again showing a little bit of his cute gum smile. The way his dimple showed made me want to kiss it forever. 

"Hyunjin and you used to be really close though, why won't he even talk to you?"

"Because of you, he hates that I stole you away from him."

I sighed thinking over it.
"Mmm, but I guess life just goes on it's own path because I am so glad I'm with you right now."

"Me too Y/n." I went to put my arm through his but he wrapped his entire arm around me instead as my head fell onto his shoulder which was so comfortable. 

"You must be tired, I'll wake you up when we get there."

I tiredly nodded and let myself be taken away by sleep for the train hours. I could fall asleep on Chan so easily.

——————————-

"Y/n wake up."

Those words always pulled me awake now but I almost was too frightened to open my eyes. I knew I had been safe but I just hoped that nothing had changed.

"Y/n, the train has stopped, this is the end of it's line."

My eyes shot open and I let out a big sigh of relief but without realising a small tear fell out my eye. I had been so emotional today but it must be because of not being here for a month. Chan looked at me suddenly worried and he quickly held me by each arm and he looked between my eyes.

"Y/n, why are you crying, hmm? What's wrong?"

"I just... I'm so scared Chan. Every-time I close my eyes I'm scared now that I'm going to have lost another month or lose you forever."

"I won't let that happen, I really promise on my life Y/n. You're safe with me."

I let him wrap himself around me comfortingly and I played with his dark hair with my fingers to just take some deep breaths and relax. Sungmi wasn't here at the moment, I could enjoy the break with Chan. He would protect me.