Chapter X

Chapter 10: A slip

During your class, you were looking out of the window. It was beautiful weather as spring was coming. The cherry blossom trees bloomed, and those little pedals flew with the wind. Pink pedals were filling up the streets as people were walking on them. It was so normal to people like us who got to see it every spring, but for other people, it's an extraordinary sight.

Jungkook noticed your daydreaming throughout the lesson when you were in panic mode earlier. He started to get suspicious of how you suddenly turned into a daydreaming princess.

He knocked you with his elbow, waking you up from the admiring dream you had until you noticed it yourself. Looking at Jungkook's notebook, he was already on the second page, and you only had the lesson's topic written. You had been missing a lot while admiring.

You looked at Jungkook with pleading eyes like you always do when you need something from him. Jungkook rolled his eyes and moved his notebook closer in the middle of you two so that you could quickly copy everything.

''Thank you,'' you whispered. ''I will buy you a chocolate bar from the canteen later.''

Jungkook smiled at how cutely you thanked him. He has never left you alone or in trouble, and though he loves to tease you in any possible way, he wouldn't want to mess up your school. However, he often asks for something in return, which you will gladly do.

The teacher went from talking about the topic to giving us a discussion time about it. Jungkook decided to use this opportunity to ask you what you were thinking about. So right after the teacher had walked off from your side of the classroom, he turned to you.

''You should be thankful I let you see my notes,'' Jungkook whispered. ''What were you thinking so deeply?''

You smiled a bit. ''I said yes to Namjoon.''

Jungkook's eyes widened. ''As in yes to be his prom date? What happened to your previous self that woke me earlier from my awesome sleep?''

You hit him slightly after that. ''I know. He came to me and understood why I didn't reply fast.''

Jungkook scrubbed the part of the arm you hit him. ''Sounds like hyung. And?''

''He wants us to go as friends, and he doesn't want me to feel uncomfortable about it.''

Jungkook nodded at that. His hyung has always been the type of person who understands others and tries to be as friendly as possible without giving them anxiety. So this whole arrangement didn't come as a surprise to him.

''What if you two do end up developing feelings? Aren't you afraid of Jin anymore?'' Jungkook asked.

You looked outside again. ''I did think about that. But Namjoon has been our friend for a long time, and I feel nothing romantic toward him. He seems to have a lot of good thoughts to share, and I genuinely don't want to push him away.''

''I swear if he tries to replace me!'' Jungkook murmured.

You quietly laughed at him. ''No one will ever replace you, Jungkook,'' you tapped his shoulder and smiled at him as he smiled back at you.

The class ended, and even though we tried to cover up the fact that we were discussing the actual topic the teacher gave us, we got scolded. Luckily it was just a warning, and the teacher had not noticed my earlier daydreaming.

''That's on you,'' I said as we got out of the teacher's scolds, and he was out of sight. ''You were the one starting the whole conversation.''

''But you were the one daydreaming that made me think about what's happening with you. You always tell me everything,'' Jungkook defended himself, and I scoffed at his response.