Chapter V

Chapter 5: This is how siblings are

The morning wasn't the same usual morning I usually have. After yesterday's discussion with Jin about his new girlfriend and that little argument, he hasn't spared even one word to me today.

He always tells things to me, whether it's about how his hair is or what clothes he should wear. He always asks for opinions from me even though I know, and he does too that he has a good taste and doesn't need me to say them to him.

At the breakfast table, it was quiet. My dad was reading the newspaper while I was moving my eggs around the plate, not being hungry. Jin was happily eating his, and his mother was sipping her coffee.

''So honey,'' Jin's mother started after she noticed the awkward silence between us. ''You should ask Sojung to join us for dinner sometime. She seems like a nice girl.''

I almost choked on the food I had in my mouth, and Jin noticed it.

''I'm glad you think that,'' He said. He made sure I was listening to him. ''But I think it's a little bit early to bring Sojung. After all, not all of us accept her here.''

Jin ended his sentence, clearly applying to me through gritted teeth, and his mother turned to me. Before she could ask or scold me for it, I said something.

''You knew? Dad?''

My dad, who focus on his newspaper, now put the paper down to look at us. ''Of course, we knew. Even though Jin is old enough to arrange things himself, he still should ask us if he brings people here.''

Jin looked at me with his ''see?'' look.

''Well, he should have also told me! I don't want to come home at the wrong time! Why didn't you tell me?'' I put my fork down and looked him in the eyes. ''I didn't want to find it out that way and ask Jungkook who she was.''

''Jungkook kept it from you, be mad at him too. Besides, I don't have to tell you things that aren't your business. I don't mind him coming here practically every evening!'' Jin yelled.

''That's what loyal friends are! They don't kiss and tell!'' I yelled back. ''Besides, how can you even think such things! He is my best friend, and you know he will never be interested in me that way!''

I have had enough of this argument. I stood up after my last sentence and walked away to my room. I grabbed my school bag and went to put my shoes on.

''Aren't you going to wait for your brother?'' His mom yelled.

''I will walk.''

I slammed the door closed and walked towards the school.

''Now, why did you have to yell at your sister?'' Jin's mother scolded him after the incident.

''She is the one acting like a child. It almost seems like she doesn't even want to get to know Sojung and throws all kinds of assumptions about her before properly talking to her!'' Jin accused.

Your father sighed. ''Either way, you two need to talk. You're older, and I expect you to talk to her first.''

Jin sighed. ''Yes, sir.''

Jin thanked her mother for making breakfast and walked to his room to take his bag and keys before walking out of the house to his car and after you. He was planning to catch up with you and take you with him.

After all, you could never make it to school on walking. Jin takes you to school, or you take a bus because school is too far away.

I was stomping to school, already regretting not taking the bus. But I'm determined to stay in my statement and not call Jin to pick me up.

When I heard a car honk beside me, I noticed Jin's black car next to me, and he opened the window. ''Hop in.''

I didn't answer but kept walking alongside the car. Jin already grew impatient and angry. ''You know you'll be late for school if you don't hop in now.''

''I won't,'' I said.

But Jin was always that kind of brother who didn't give up. I saw him park the car beside the road from the corner of my eye and get out. Without knowing, I could feel someone lifting me to their shoulder.

''You idiot! Let me go! I don't care if I'm late!'' I yelled and hit the back of his back.

He dropped me to the front seat and locked the door. I had escaped many times after he had done something like this, which is why he knew what to do.

''Did my dad make you do this?'' I asked while folding my arms and pouting like a little kid.

''Actually, he did,'' Jin said. ''He will ask you if I drove you to school anyway, and if you tell I didn't find you, I get punished.''

I chuckled amusingly. ''Dad will never do that. You're the golden brother of the house. If the situation is about me, I'll get a scold.''

Jin just laughed, and I stayed silent for the rest of the drive to school.

Jungkook was waiting for me at the parking lot because he had been texting me. He is also used to the fact that I always come with Jin, and at this time, I'd already be at the schoolyard.

''You guys are like five minutes late of your usual time!'' Jungkook whined as we exited the car.

''You count?'' Jin asked as Jungkook joined us for our walk inside the school.

"By the way, this guy here said we are a couple because we hang out so much." I smiled proudly.

"Me? Date you? Ew! Hyung, why would you-"

I laughed and put my arm around Jungkook tightly as we parted from Jin.

I'm a catch you need to find, my future boyfriend, whoever it will be.