Chapter IV

Chapter 4: Jealousy?

''O-oh, hello? Um...''

I don't know who was more embarrassed. The girl with his shirt on, thighs exposed, and messy hair, or me, who was standing there with a red face in one place.

But something made me think she wasn't that embarrassed. With that tone, saying hello, it wasn't innocent. It was more like a mature one and just apologetic for the fact we saw her. Not about what happened.

I think Jungkook was holding a peal of laughter behind me. Not for the girl but for me, who was standing there with mouth open, but the words weren't running out like in the kids' alphabet book. I was speechless.

''Um, hi Sojung, we were just leaving now,'' Jungkook was polite and dragged my frozen form to my room. He was the only one who could get me out of my trans.

Sojung chuckled and walked to the kitchen where she was heading in the first place.

Jungkook threw me to my room and closed to door. ''Okay, what the hell was that?'' He asked, raising his tone a bit, which he never does towards me.

Towards me, he was just like a fluffy little bunny. ''Why you kept staring at Sojung like you just caught your boyfriend with someone?'' Jungkook asked another question.

''Do you like Jin hyung? Y/n no, ew! He is your brother crying out loud!'' Jungkook was losing his little mind. I was thinking. Why was I staring at her as a gaze could kill? I did not have a crush on my brother and didn't care if he had someone.

''Jungkook, no! Keep it down!'' I attacked him, putting my hand on his mouth. I never knew if Jin could be listening, and with this baby's voice, he could hear it across the room through two doors. "How can you make that kind of assumption of that?''

Jungkook struggled under my grip before releasing himself. ''Then what was that?''

''I don't know! Maybe I was shocked since I only found out today he has a girlfriend!'' I whisper-yelled to him and released him before sitting on my bed, crossing my arms.

''Can't sister have self-defense towards her brother? I need to check if she is good enough for him!'' I pouted.

Jungkook just laughed. Do I sound stupid, right? I don't even want to know about his relationships and what he does outside to come with others. And I don't want to know what they were doing either. I need to wash my eyes and brain and forget this.

''Right, as if I'd look after my brother,'' Jungkook chuckled before he flopped behind me on my bed. ''Let's just start studying so we can go and eat something.''

He's right. I'm hungry too, but studies come first because we usually fall asleep with full stomachs after eating so much. So typical for us.

But I love Jungkook the way he is. He is like me, goofy and always eating something.

As we were studying, Jungkook suddenly stopped. I looked at him, and he was now looking at me. ''What?'' I asked before lifting my body to a sitting position.

''I was just thinking about the prom,'' He started.

''The prom? That's like two months away, Jungkook. Why would you start thinking of it now at this minute?'' I asked.

''Because I still don't have a date! And you don't either. Do you know how early people are asking? Some of them asked before we even attended high school,'' He whined.

Is that so? Do people have partners already? Even though it's months away? That's just crazy. Why stress about something that is far away?

I haven't even thought about it that much. Jungkook is the only guy my age. I don't know if my brother's friends are available anymore. And is it okay?

''Well, do you have someone on your mind? Is it a boy from our class?'' I asked curiously.

That made Jungkook shift in his place, and it felt like my question came out of nowhere. ''Well, no,'' He stuttered.

''What do you mean? Is it someone else I know?'' I lifted my eyebrows.

''Let's just keep studying so we can eat!'' Jungkook quickly changed the subject and went back down to read the chapter. I looked at him for a while before going down myself as well.

Something is going on with him. He usually tells me everything. He never lies or hides things from me. So why hide now? What is he hiding?

The evening came, and Jungkook had to leave. My parents were here from work, and we were now eating dinner together in the kitchen. Sojung had left, as well, thank god. If she attended the dinner with us, there could be a lot of questions from Jin's mother.

And I think it'd be too early to introduce her as well. Jin isn't ready for that because I have never seen her here when our parents have been home. It was the first time I saw her at our house.

But this is the only day of the week when both Jungkook and I have a short day and come here to study. So Jin must have brought her here multiple times since he knew I wasn't home either. Why everyone hides things from me?

After dinner, our parents told us to clean. Jin and I were doing the dishes when they were sitting in the living room watching TV. It was my chance to ask questions from Jin.

''So Sojung, huh? Why didn't you tell me?'' I asked when he focused on getting the leftovers off the plate.

He almost dropped the plate to the sink when he heard my question. ''Why should I? I don't have to tell you everything I do,'' He asked.

There was a bit of harshness in his voice. He didn't like me asking that or even lurking the facts about them.

''I know, but you could at least warn me. I don't want to find you guys naked!'' I yelled and immediately covered my mouth. Jin's eyes widened, and soon his mother was in the kitchen too.

''What are you guys yelling at here?'' She asked.

It seems like she didn't hear entirely what I just said. Otherwise, there'd be more questions. ''Just finish the dishes and stop fighting,'' She ended.

After being done with the dishes, I felt like a kid. His mom was yelling at us like we were kids who misbehaved. I have my respect, but Jin and I rarely fight.

I sighed as I went under the covers of my bed. I felt tired even though this was one of the easiest days of my week. So I decided not to take my phone like I usually do. It'll only make it harder to fall asleep.

So I just put the alarm on and the phone on the nightstand. I turned my back and started thinking of what Jungkook earlier said. Those people already have partnered for prom.

Being serious, I had no idea with whom I was going. If Jungkook doesn't want to come with me, I'm alone. He is the only guy friend of my age.

I thought I didn't have to stress about this stupid thing yet.