Chapter VI

Chapter 6: A bump

I was still walking hand in hand with Jungkook to our classroom. Jungkook had been quiet.

''Why are you so in thought?'' I asked, shaking him up a bit.

''I cannot believe your brother thinks that way of us. Cross,'' he shook himself.

''Hey!''

''You know what I mean,'' he laughed. ''I'm surprised he hasn't figured it out yet.''

''Well, you told me not to tell him. You wanted people to know at their own pace. You couldn't hide it from me. I'm so good at finding out stuff,'' I said proudly, and Jungkook smacked the back of my head.

''You're probably the only person who is proud of being such a good gay scanner,'' He laughed. ''I don't think anyone in school knows except you.''

I scoffed. ''Oh, please. They either know or think the same as my brother does.''

''Ew! No, stop that!'' Jungkook said and started chasing me toward our classroom.

After the class, we went to review for our next class exam. But like always, we didn't revise anything but only talked about things between the land and the Earth.

''Have you thought about that prom date?'' Jungkook asked, and I wanted to mentally slap him for asking that and constantly changing the subject to that.

''If I end up not getting anyone which I will could you be my date?'' I asked, smiling and showing my famous puppy eyes I always do on him or my father.

''But what if I end up having a partner and you don't? You expect me to ditch him?''

''Yes,'' I said straight up. ''You're my best friend, and as a best friend, you need to make sacrifices.''

Jungkook sighed and agreed to it.

But if this will ever happens, I won't take the joy from him. I'm not that bad of a friend. It is just giving me motivation t find that date so I don't have third wheel Jungkook and his date.

''But for real, though, where do I find one? As you said, most people have their dates already, and I'm this ugly beast,'' I murmured.

Jungkook always had to listen to my murmuring about my appearance. And he has told me multiple times not to think about it and go with the flow.

He hates when I'm down.

''You could set up a post on our school's website looking for a date to prom,'' he joked.

''Don't be like that! I'm stressed! Maybe I should stay home and watch Netflix.''

''Absolutely not!'' Jungkook stated, almost throwing his pen at me. ''You are coming. You're going to regret it if you don't. And it isn't that bad to go without a date.''

He says that now but I'm sure if he was in my situation, he'd be murmuring and whining about this as much as I am. There is no doubt.

But going on a date sounds like more fun and having more memories. But literally, I have only been kissed once, and I think that was in elementary school. I've never had a real boyfriend.

Jungkook's words rang inside my head after we had parted in our classes. He is majoring in sports and music, and I, on the other hand, am lost.

I'm just doing a subject that interests me, and I'm not that into anything yet.

Should I go without a date? What would everyone think? I would have my first-ever prom picture just me standing there and smiling through the pain.

But I have no idea who I would even ask. All the guys my age are either such nerds or playboys that if I sign up for it, I never get out.

With nerds, they would think I somehow have a crush on them, and they wouldn't stop following me, sending me a text and cute things.

With playboys, we all know where they would end up.

Gosh, why Jungkook can't just go with me?

I suddenly bumped into someone's back and almost fell on the door.

''Hey, watch-'' I said as I lifted my head, ready to throw fists toward the person. ''Oh, Namjoon, hi.''

It was one of Jin's friends. Whenever they visit our house as a group, I have always known Namjoon is the wisest and the kindest.

His dimples are cute, and he always has the right words for everything.

''Oh, hi Y/n,'' he greeted as he closed his locker that he had been digging into before I carelessly bumped into his back because I wasn't looking where I was going. ''Were you dreaming again?''

Not that joke again.

One time when they all were having a sleepover at our house, I was just in my room while all of them were having fun.

But when I went to get water from the kitchen, I caught them playing poker.

Poker is where if you lose, you lose clothing.

At that time, one of them happened to be without a shirt. I was young and naive and ended up staring at them without knowing how long I did so.

And they noticed it. Ever since that, I keep on hearing that question from them. I wasn't dreaming. I was looking.

''I'm sorry for bumping into you. I was thinking about my next exam,'' I lied, and Namjoon smiled.

''That's alright. Is it going to be hard?'' Namjoon kept having the conversation.

''Well, you know how our math teacher can be, always making the hardest exams so we won't pass, and he could scold us for not paying attention to class,'' I said, and he laughed at that, which is new.

''Well, good luck on that exam!'' he said. He then walked off, probably towards his class.

I stayed there watching him go. Something warmed my heart, but I didn't want to admit it. It was a stupid idea, and I don't think he's up for it.

Out of all Jin's friends, he would be perfect.