Chapter XII

Chapter 12: Hiding

It was the nighttime already. I stopped arguing with Jin ages ago as we both got tired of each other's faces and decided to lock ourselves in our rooms. Though I had heard his door open once and then the front door. I assumed he left pretty soon after going to his room. He never yelled where he was going, but I think he was going to see Seolhyun.

He hasn't let me know where he goes or comes from anyway. Maybe when we were a bit younger, he needed to let me know where he was going if he left me alone. That was also because his mother told him to do so while they were working.

Now, I couldn't care less where he is going. I had my own life to consider, and now that life was Jungkook. The way he acted before was throwing me off guard. Usually, he comes inside to do homework with me. He rarely says no. He also never declines because he knows I have the best study snack.

And yet, he always tells what he has if he declines. Now, he didn't, and that bothers me. We share everything.

I sent him a text message thirty minutes ago. He still hasn't replied. He is always on his phone and never misses my texts or calls. Has something happened?

I tried to focus on the homework, but I just couldn't. I needed to know, but I couldn't leave anymore. My parents would be home anytime soon, and it was late. But I wanted to, and now I wished Jin was home so he could quickly drop me off at his house and let me check. Though I don't know why, I was sure he'd agree.

It had been an hour and a half since I texted Jungkook. He still hasn't seen it. And I barely got any of my homework done while thinking about it. It was driving me insane.

I heard the front door open, and bags dropped onto the floor. My dad and Jin's mom must have got home. I closed the book that I barely read and hopped off my bed to go downstairs.

''Hi honey, how was your day?'' my dad asked as I had gone down and followed them to the living room.

''It was alright. I was asked to prom,'' I said.

''Oh, that's nice. With whom you're going? I hope he is someone I know,'' my dad said in a serious matter, though I know he was partly joking.

''Yeah, um, it's Namjoon,'' I said.

My dad paused what he was doing and looked at me. ''Namjoon? As in Kim Namjoon?''

''Isn't he Jin's friend?'' Jin's mother asked, and I nodded in her direction.

''And isn't he too old for you?'' my dad asked. ''If he is at your brother's age, then there is no way I'm letting you go with him, young lady. I know your youngsters' tricks and what things happen at prom.''

''Okay, first of all, ew,'' I said. ''And second of all, isn't it a good thing that Namjoon is Jin's friend, so you someway know him and Jin knows him too? Isn't it reassuring to know that? And besides, we are going as friends and nothing more.''

My dad seemed a bit relieved after what I said. But I'm sure he will give Namjoon and even Jin a bit of a lecture on how to look after me in the prom, though I'm more than capable of taking care of myself. Parents are parents, especially fathers.