Chapter XIII

Chapter 13: Coming out

I peeked to see who he was talking to and saw someone I knew.

My mind tried to process what I was seeing and hearing. Jungkook was here, far away from the school building, hiding in the corner where no one could see him with Taehyung. But why?

And what did he mean by ''I hate ignoring her, can't you just confess?'' Is this about me? Is this why he has ignored me and ditched me for something else? And that something else is Taehyung.

Suddenly, all the little puzzle pieces started gathering together. I realized that Taehyung must be his prom date and that he had something going on with Jungkook. I did not even know Taehyung was into men. Is that why Jungkook is asking him to confess?

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be mad that Jungkook had kept such a big secret from his best friend, but I also understood why he hadn't. I left the scene before they could see I was there listening to them.

I quickly rushed to the main building so they wouldn't see me.

I rushed to the door of my next class and decided to confront Jungkook when we'd had art class together. I thought that would be the best time since we usually have to sit together and work on our work in peace.

As the class was over and I was heading to my locker, I spotted the guys talking nearby. Jungkook and Taehyung were also with them, so I decided to quickly visit my locker to put down books that I did not need and head over to them. 

''Oh hey, Y/n,'' Jungkook was the first to smile at me. ''Did you have a nice class?''

''Yup it was alright,'' I answered back. ''I was looking for you this morning. Didn't Yoongi tell you since you didn't text me or anything?''

Jungkook turned to Yoongi, who was raising his hands in the air in defeat. ''I cannot remember everything, and this is the second time I'm seeing you today,'' he said, and Jungkook rolled his eyes laughing. 

''Were you? I mustn't have arrived at school then yet. I did not see you either,'' Jungkook said while looking at Yoongi, who had confusion written on his face. I was also a bit sad about how he kept lying to me, but seeing how troubled Taehyung was at the moment made me cool down a bit.

''Ah, okay, well, I have something I want to talk to you about. So could we take a head start before class starts?'' I asked, smiling, and Jungkook looked at the others for a while before smiling back at me and grabbing my hand.

''Sounds serious,'' he laughed as we walked towards the art classroom, which was on the other side of the school, hence why I wanted to leave with him now and not in ten minutes. Despite our art class being super easy and we can talk away, I still don't want to open up when other students can hear everything.  

''Okay, so what's up?'' Jungkook asked as we turned a few corners and walked through the glassed hallway where we could see outside. On top of that, the hallway was up in the air, so we could also know under us.