Chapter 1

Narrator P.O.V

It was another pleasant afternoon at the Lacombrade Academy, a spring breeze made the place peaceful. The day's classes were over, the students were in their rooms studying or playing outside. But on of them, Carl Messier, to be more specific, was not doing either of those two things. Professor Louie Renné had given him a task: To tell Serge Battour that he would like to have a conversation with him.The dark-haired boy already imagined the topic of the conversations, probably, the teacher would invite the pianist to play at the Conservatory, starting the music career of the young viscount.Deep inside, Carl would like to refuse that task, but It would be unwise to disobey the orders of a teacher. With a few books his hand and a serious expression, the boy was looking for his friend throughout the school.He had already gone to room 17, but no one was there. The pianist and his blond roommate were probably busy. Just thinking about Gilbert, the young man shuddered. Lately they have been getting closer, since him and the other boys became friends, but Carl still didn't feel totally comfortable around him.When no one was looking, Carl calmly analyzed Gilbert Cocteau's beauty. He wondered what the texture of those blond hair would be like and how soft that pale skin would be.

This kind of thinking was quickly repressed by himself. The attraction he felt for Gilbert was something more physical, he was just captivated by his beauty, nothing he could do could overcome Carl's current obsession.Serge Battour was his name, the young Gypsy with many talents. It was impressive how many things Serge was good at. The gypsy was an excellent pianist, good at sports and always got good grades. But that was not all that delighted young Carl Messier. As he headed out of school, he thought of all the admiration he felt for Serge.In addition to being good at so many things, he was a wonderful person. There was not a moment when the pianist was rude or lost his temper with someone for no reason, he was always kind, helpful, friendly and welcoming. Whenever one of the boys was feeling bad, he was there to comfort them. Serge was a person that everyone wanted to be around. That simple feeling of admiration that Carl had for his friend turned into something else. Whenever he saw the viscount, he paid more attention to him than he should. He jotted down the most subtle ways in his mind, and every fact about Serge seemed interesting.Carl stopped thinking about it as soon as he entered the forest, walking through the trees, he repeated to himself that it was wrong. To have such thoughts for a man was impure, and he would be punished by God.Looking for his friend in the forest was the last of his options, since he didn't find him anywhere else. As he walked among the plants, he could hear some voices talking. He recognized them from afar, they were the voices of Serge and Gilbert. Carl seriously considered whether to proceed or not, but his curiosity spoke louder.

Following the sounds, he spots two silhouettes close to each other. He had found Serge, right? Just go over there and let him know about Professor Louie Renné.What was keeping him from continuing?

In an act of desperation, he hides behind a nearby tree and listens attentively to their conversation.

"What am I doing? Spying on my friends like I'm a jeaulous lover?"

Lover...

Thinking about that word made him shudder, he had just imagined himself in Gilbert's place, being Serge's lover. In his eyes, that was wrong, he never thought he would be able to imagine loving another man.Serge and Gilbert's voices take him out of those thoughts that tortured him: