Chapter 16 - The Ending

Blue Rose Tears

Chapter 16 – The Ending

P.O.V Narrator

Provence, Lacombrade Academy - 4th June 1886

Carl Messier, a simple young man with a hair color darker than night, was contemplating a pleasant summer afternoon and the shadows formed by the sunlight.

Through the large windows of the room, it was possible to observe in detail each small part that made up the landscape, from the greenish leaves to the animals that climbed the trees.

With one hand resting on the window glass, the young man could subtly see his reflection. You could see the effects that time had taken place on him, his face hadn't changed much, he just looked older.

Even though he combed his hair every morning, a few strands of hair still fell over his forehead, which made her grooming remember his past and gave him a more youthful appearance. He remained pale, had grown a little, and I could tell his voice had changed.

He wasn't 16 anymore, but memories of his younger days were still vivid, mostly because he never left Lacombrade. Looking back, he sees a table with several papers on it, and he notices that the decor in that place hasn't changed a bit.

After five years, he found himself daily in that room, a place where he had attended a few times, and where he could meet his brother Sebastian a few years ago.

Rosemariné's former office, "The White Prince", now occupied the old Principal's post after his death. It was not as if he was surprised to have occupied this post, from a very young age he knew of this possibility, but it still seemed far away.

Everything was different now, for Carl, the one who changed the most overtime was Sebastian. His brother would turn 13, start his youth, perhaps the most troubled period of his life.

Although he was proud of what Sebastian had become, he feared his brother would stray into some inadequate path, as he knew how much Lacombrade was capable of corrupting even the purest of individuals.

It reminded him of his past when his life began to change thanks to the people who entered it. He remembered vividly his brother's first day of school, the moment he'd met Gilbert, every memory he had with his friends.

Everything remained fresh in his memory, It was as if time simply hadn't passed. He saw his youth with affection, filled with good moments, some bad and others he preferred to forget.

But Carl promised himself that he would make an effort to think more about the present, and that's what he tried to do as he sat facing the paper-covered desk. However, certain things remained the same, Sebastian was still Rosemariné's favorite.

He made several visits to her office, always accompanied by a tray containing a cup of tea. He also frequented his brother's office daily, whether to deliver mail, report what was going on in the hallways, or just annoy him.

He didn't deny that Sebastian took advantage of Carl's position, being related to the superintendent gave him a certain advantage and protection from the other students. The dark-haired man just hoped that it would be enough to protect his brother, as he knew how Lacombrade could corrupt even the purest of individuals.

Something that was easy to notice was the large number of plants that were scattered around the school, which transformed the atmosphere with the different shades of green. In his office, Carl preferred to keep only small plants and a few flowers, as he often forgot to water them.