Chapter 14 - Strong Stance and Session

Peter

Rob and I had arrived at my apartment, and I nervously took out my keys unlocking the door, my hands were shaking, and I couldn't get the key into the keyhole.

"Pet, let me," Rob said as he grabbed the key from my hand, and I turned crimson at my nerves. I stepped away and let Rob open the door, he motioned for me to go inside, and I did so, still with shattered nerves. Rob followed me inside and I was hoping to hear my friend occupying the living room to take away some of the edge I was feeling, maybe even postpone the conversation for a later time. Hopefully never, but that wasn't the case. The apartment was eerily quiet.

I don't know what compelled me to go to the kitchen, but I did, making a beeline for the cabinets and grabbing a cup. Opening the fridge, I got out the water pitcher, my hands still shaking and filled the cup halfway.

Rob was watching me with steady eyes as he placed my bag on the island and I really wished he would just leave.

"Pet?" He said calmly and I just downed the water.

"W..would y..you l..like s..something t..t.to d..d..drink t..too?" I asked, but Rob looked at me with a very serious gaze.

"Peter, stop. Come here." He said beckoning with his finger, and I felt my legs move instinctively, but I was still trying to steady my irregular heartbeat. Our gaze didn't break as I stopped right in front of Rob and his seriousness hadn't faded.

"Take a deep breath, pet, we are just going to talk. Would you like to go somewhere more comfortable?"

"N..No S.sir, here i..is fine."

Rob's face softened slightly, and he leaned down placing a quick kiss on my lips, "Have your nerves settled?"

I nodded, and they really had. "Y..yes S..sir."

"Pet, what is our number one rule?"

I turned crimson, "C..C..Communication."

"Correct, and you know I take our communication very seriously, right?"

"Y..yes Sir."

"So, I'd like you to explain to me why you thought it appropriate for you to cut off communication with me pet, not to mention your attempt to run earlier," Rob said with a quirked brow and my gaze shifted away from him.

"Peter, you will look at me until told otherwise," My gaze found his and I bit my lip, it shouldn't have excited me to be scolded, but I felt the familiar warmth pooling in my gut at Rob's tone.

"Good boy, now answer my question, Peter."

"I..I w..was e..embarrassed by m..my actions t..the o..other ni..nght," I said and I felt it hard to keep eye contact as I exposed my feelings.

"Why were you embarrassed after I assured you that there was nothing for you to be embarrassed about, pet?" Rob's tone was soft and filled with understanding and genuine curiosity.

"I d..didn't b..believe y..you, I d..d..didn't b..believe y..you would want m..me after m..essing up so badly." My gaze fell and Rob's index finger found my chin.

"Pet, you've already provoked me, do you want to continue to not follow directions?"

"N..No Sir!" I said quickly and my gaze returned to Rob's warm honey eyes.

"Let's not make it a third time Peter," There was a pause, but Rob continued, "Pet, have I ever lied to you?"

"N..never Sir."

"So why would you believe anything other than what I told you from my own mouth? That I still wanted this, us. That what happened the other night was concerning, but not an end to what we have started with each other."