Chapter Nine - Y..Yes S..Sir

Rob

I hate meetings. I hate the suit I have on today. And I hate the sound of the person's voice who is currently presenting. They sound as though they need to blow their nose and I was close to getting up and handing them the tissue box sitting conveniently on the office table.

Next to me Martha was diligently taking notes and with that observation I began to zone out. It wasn't that I didn't care about the pitch... Okay it had a little to do with me not caring about the pitch, but I was at this meeting only to show my face to the employees. I tried to be hands on, get to know everyone in the building, and let each team actually see and hear from their boss, but I was just not feeling it today.

My weekend was spent filled with Peter, the cute boy had basically kept me occupied from sunrise to sunset and I had only seen him on Saturday. It was my thoughts he consumed and whenever I thought of him it prompted me to text him and those texts turned into conversations. My phone had been glued to my hand all weekend when I should have been glued to my work laptop and office. So how could I go from a weekend as beautiful as that to working and listening to a pitch about branded hotel products.

I saw my phone light up and my eyes lazily drifted to the screen. Seeing the contact information changed my demeanor and I sat up abruptly grabbing the device.

Sir, are we still meeting today for training?

Of course, we were, I had to see Peter today.

Yes pet! I'll see you tonight at 6pm. Does that still work for you?

I set my phone down and looked towards my nasaled employee as they wrapped up their presentation. From what I could tell, based on my very selective hearing, the project was ready to be implemented.

"Any discussion?" I asked, looking around I saw everyone shaking their heads.

"Robert, it seems like it'll cost around 1.2 million to rebrand all the hotels, from towels to the soaps. Does that number seem feasible?" Nasally person said.

"Yes. Good work."

I gathered my notebook and placed my pen in my lapel pocket. Martha scurried to grab all her belongings and followed me out of the room as the others began to talk amongst themselves. I pressed the power button on my phone and was excited to see a message waiting from Peter.

Yes, that still works. See you tonight Sir!

*~*

Walking into the room I reserved for the two of us, I went straight to arranging the various toys and tools I wanted to use for tonight. I had made it a point to come earlier than Peter so that I could take my time setting up the room. It was nice to take the time to get my mind in the right headspace and wait for the shy knock from Peter.

An hour had passed, and I was currently sitting on one of the sofas scrolling my work phone. I left earlier than usual and there were a few messages that needed responses. My work never ceased, and I was surprised that the place hadn't burned down since I started taking some time for myself. I would have to buckle down in the next couple of weeks, but I was content with the way the company was going and I had a different priority now.

At that exact moment there was a knock at the door and a grin broke out on my face, immediately I powered off my phone, mid-email.

Clearing my throat I spoke, "Come in."

The door opened slightly, and Peter walked into the room, his eyes downcast and I could tell his face was beat red. I went over to the table I had placed some items we would use for this evening, waiting for what he would do.