chapter two;

Kalani-

"Kalani, can I have macaroni?"

"I want hot dogs!"

"No, I want chicken nuggets!"

Kalani groaned. "Everybody shut up!"

The kitchen fell silent and her 3 siblings (one real brother, two step siblings) stared up at her. Kalani was put in charge of them while her mom and step-dad went out to a banquet for her mom's work.

"We can have spaghetti. You all like spaghetti, right?" She sighed as she got out the cans.

Roman, her 6 year old step-brother, shook his head. "I want macaroni."

"But I don't like meatballs!" Riley (Roman's twin sister) shrieked.

Kalani felt her phone buzz and pulled it out to text her boyfriend while the kids argued.

christian: party tonight at parker's. want me to pick you up??

kalani: i have to babysit //:

christian: get holly to watch them and sneak out

Kalani thought for a second. Could Holly watch them? Holly was in 8th grade and rarely talked to Kalani because she was 'lame'. She was going through the phase where she hated everybody and was too cool for people, especially her family.

"I'll be right back," Kalani promised before running down the hall to Holly's room.

Holly was relaxing on her bed with some Arctic Monkey's song blasting. "What do you want?" Holly asked as Kalani entered the room.

"Can you baby-sit Jax and the twins? I have somewhere to be." Kalani really hoped she would say yes.

"I don't know... What's in it for me?" The 14 year old smirked.

"I could tell your Dad about the time you drank when you went to your boyfriend's party." Kalani smirked right back.

Holly's eyes narrowed. "You wouldn't." She whispered.

"Oh, my sweet sister, but I would." Kalani sat down on the bed. "So you either tell Mom and Steve that I'm studying at Chloe's when they get home, or your secret comes out."

Holly sighed and stopped the music. "Fine."

Kalani grinned. "Yay!" She hurried out of the room before she could change her mind and texted her boyfriend to pick her up from their house.

She changed into a pair of high waisted shorts with an American flag crop top and a leather jacket, along with white high top Converse.

She hurried out of the house and into the cold, where Christian waited in his car.

"This party is gonna be so much fun," Kalani grinned. "I haven't been to a party on a week day in forever."

Christian sighed. "Try not to drink too much, alright?"

"Alright, alright." Kalani rolled her eyes. "I won't drink. But I can do whatever I want besides that!"

That night Kalani went home drunk with a boy kissing her neck, and it certainly wasn't Christian. But he didn't need to know that, right?

-

this chapter sucked im sorry. please vote and comment!

plus comment what you think of kalani