chapter six;

Kalani-

Kalani sat inside the coffee shop, nervously tapping her nails on the wooden table. Christian had texted her that morning and told her to meet him there for serious reasons, which made her very nervous. The last time they met for serious reasons was when Christian heard rumors that Kalani was planning on going to Homecoming with the school football team's quarterback, which was true, but Kalani denied the whole thing.

She sat up a little straighter and took a sip of her raspberry tea as she saw Christian walking down the street. Like always, his hands were shoved in the pockets of his jeans and his hair was messy.

He entered the coffee shop and looked around before seeing Kalani, walking over to where she was. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw how cute he looked with his pink nose, blushed from the chilly weather.

"I ordered you a hot chocolate because it's really cold out," Kalani smiled, sliding the paper cup across the table. "Soy milk and extra whipped cream."

Christian gave a small smile. "Thanks." He took a small sip before setting it down on the table. "Anyways, like I said earlier, we need to talk."

Kalani's face fell. "You... You wanna break up with me, don't you?" She was always quick to jump to conclusions.

"Well... I don't know." Christian sighed and pulled his iPhone out of his pocket. He scrolled through before clicking on something and setting it on the table.

It was a picture of Kalani from the other night. Her dark hair, which had been in a ponytail before, was sweeping across her shoulders messily. She clung to a tan boy who she was making out with, wearing nothing but a lacy black bra that had been under her crop top and her denim shorts.

"Is that you?" Christian asked with a sad look on his face.

Kalani didn't know what to say. His face was crumbling. How could Kalani do that? She knew that his old girlfriend, Brynn, had cheated on him so she promised herself to never make him feel like that again. So how did she let herself do that?

"It's not me." She said. She began to claw at the skin on her palm from under the table.

"But somebody said it was.." His thick eyebrows furrowed. "It looks exactly like you..."

"Christian, it's not me!" The brunette sat up straighter. She remembered the post she saw on Instagram a few days ago, saying that details make a lie more believable. "I got drunk, but I just danced a little. Nothing like that. In fact, when you said you couldn't find me, I was in the kitchen whole time with Cami Finnigan. We were watching the soccer team do lemonade and vodka shots."

Christian sighed. "Kalani, you've kissed people at parties before. How can I believe that's not you?"

She grabbed his large hands. "Look me in the eyes. I love you, okay? I would never cheat on you, because I love you to the moon and back. I didn't kiss anybody at that party. The only lips I want on mine are yours."

Christian gave her a soft smile and they stared into each others eyes. They both leaned in and kissed.

Kalani smiled, feeling the sparks fly. She knew she loved him and was glad he believed her, because she couldn't deal with the fact that he almost broke up with her.

And even though she was happy, she couldn't get the bad feeling in the pit of her stomach to go away.

-

this was really short but the next chapter will be long so ya

comment what u think will happen$$