Cuddles 2

"You can stay anytime you want

"You can stay anytime you want."

The words echoed in Buckys ears, ever since they left your mouth. He wasn't blind, he knew you felt the same way about him as he felt about you. He saw it in your eyes, the way you sometimes looked at him.

With time you started spending more and more time together. Snuggling together at movie nights on the couch, often falling asleep next to each other. Sometimes Bucky would carry you to your room if he hadn't dozed off himself. If he had, then you would spend the night in the common room. There were also some times you had woken up in the middle of the night and woken him up, complaining that once again you had fallen asleep on the couch without finishing watching the movie, and no one even bothered to wake you up. In those times, Bucky would simply carry you to his room, promising to watch it if you wanted to. It became your new normal.

You provided each other with comfort when you needed it most. Every time he held you in his arms, the track of time was lost. He became addicted to you, your touch, and your warmth.

There were a lot of nights where both of you would unintentionally stay up well past midnight talking and laughing about nothing until you couldn't breathe from laughing.

The team had just returned from a mission. You were tired and dirty same as everyone else. Steve was talking about how successful was the mission, and how everybody did a good job. But he still needed reports, preferably tomorrow. Looking up, you caught Bucky's gaze on you from across the table. You smiled at him, and he smiled back. After debriefing, Bucky came up to you.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He seemed a tad nervous.

"Ask away." You said as everyone was exiting the conference room.

"Cyborg, you comin'?" Sam asked, holding a soda can in his hand, stopping next to both of you.

Buckys eyes shifted from Sam to you. "You know, nevermind, it's not that important. We can talk about it later." Bucky said with pursed lips.

"There's actually something I wanted to ask you." You said, hesitating. Bucky nodded, waiting for your question. "Could you sleep with me tonight?"

Sam choked on his drink, coughing and gasping for air. Bucky hit his back, quirking a brow. "You alright there, pidge?"

"I'm fine." He stopped coughing and looked at you, completely horrified, like you have said something shocking.

"I meant cuddles." You explained, rolling your eyes.

"Good, because you're too precious and innocent for saying things like that!" Sam berated you like an overprotective parent.

"I'm not as innocent as you think." You folded your arms over your chest. Bucky just watched with a smile.

"Barnes-" Sam threateningly pressed his fingers against Buckys chest. "-don't you dare to ruin her." Bucky held his arms in mock surrender. Sam narrowed his eyes. He always perceived you as his little sister and felt the need to protect you, especially when it came to dating. "Got it?" Bucky nodded in agreement, suppressing a smile. "Good, because I will be watching you." Taking a step back, he looked between the two of you. "Both of you." He added as he walked away, throwing back one last glance.

"Maybe I will ruin him!" You yelled after him.

He stopped in his tracks, yelling back. "Don't even start this Y/n!"

"I'll just take a shower, and then we can cuddle." Bucky chuckled as you started walking side by side to the living quarters. "And remind me not to ruin you."

"Oh, shut up." You rolled your eyes, pushing his shoulder, making Bucky laugh.

You decided to meet in your room in thirty minutes. Thinking you had a lot of time, you didn't rush, but when you walked out of the shower, Bucky was already waiting for you in bed.

"I hope you don't mind." He smiled sheepishly.

"Not at all." You walked around the bed and got underneath the covers. The scent of his body wash washed over you.

You laid facing each other, trying to remember every little detail about one another. He had shaved and looked so soft your hands itched to touch him. Bucky noticed your glued eyes to his chin, knowing what you wanted. "Go ahead, you can touch me, doll."

You held Bucky's cheeks between your fingers, squishing them, so his lips pouted. "You are so cute." You said as a grin spread over your face.

"Not as cute as you." He chuckled, scrunching his nose.

You turned on your side, and Bucky moved closer to you, sliding his arm around your waist. You pushed your butt against him a bit harder than you intended. "Sorry." You whispered.

"Try not to wiggle too much." You could hear a smile in his voice.

"You mean like this?" Acting as innocent as you could, you wiggled your backside against his crotch.

"Exactly, like that." He pinned your hips in place with his vibranium arm. Fingers digging in your flesh where your shirt had ridden up, leaving a small strip of exposed skin between shirt and shorts. "There are some things I can't control when I'm so close to you." He bit his bottom lip, realizing he had said too much.

You turned your head to look at him. "Control what?"

"You're kidding, right?" Bucky stared at you, holding himself up on his arm, cheeks feeling hot. No way he wants to talk about boners right now.

Your face lit up in a smile, meaning you knew exactly what he meant and most likely had noticed it before. "What was that you wanted to talk about earlier?" You asked, aimlessly tracing circles on his arm that was still firmly placed on your hips.

"We should go on a date." He whispered, his eyes darting between your eyes and lips.

"I would like that." Softly caressing his cheek with your knuckles, your eyes fixated on his lips. Bucky didn't even notice that he held his breath. You slid your hand in his hair, bringing him towards you meeting in a sweet kiss. "Goodnight, Buck." You smiled, turning on your side.

"Sweet dreams, doll." A smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Placing his head on the pillow, Bucky wondered if he will be able to sleep at all this night. The excitement reeled in his veins. But not long after hearing your breath steady, indicating that you were sleeping, he dozed off with a smile on his lips.