Hold Me Tight

You were talking with Bucky

You were talking with Bucky. He made you laugh at his dumb joke. Reaching out for him, you placed your hand on his bicep.

Involenerly he jerked away from you. He felt like an idiot. It wasn't that he didn't want to feel your touch. He wanted. Oh, he wanted it badly. For a while now, he had a thing for you. He just wasn't expecting it. Somehow it startled him, and his body reacted on its own.

"Hey, Y/n?" A few days later, Bucky walked up to you, feeling awkward. He couldn't bear the fact that you started to avoid him from that day forward. The idea of not seeing you, talking with you, or just seeing your smile made his heart hurt.

"Yeah?" You half turned around while making tea.

"I was wondering, umm..." Nervously he rubbed the back of his head. "Can I get a hug from you?" He asked sheepishly, with an awkward smile.

"Are you sure?" Your brows furrowed hearing the question. That incident was on your mind 24/7, you couldn't stop thinking about it, feeling like a dumbass.

"Yes, what happened back then...I'm not used to human contact." He swallowed the lump in his throat that he wasn't aware of trying to explain. "It's just...I'm not used to it..." He averted his eyes to the ground.

Your heart broke hearing it.

You took a step closer to him. Slowly you extended your hands and gently placed them on his shoulder blades. Bucky put his hands on your back. You moved closer to each other you softly nuzzled your cheek against his chest.

"Is this good?" You asked, your head slightly dizzy. He smelled good. You couldn't pinpoint what it was, but it made your head spin in a good way. The warmth that radiated from him made you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"It's nice, it feels nice." You felt him smile against your hair and relax in your arms. Bucky chuckled.

"What's so funny?" You asked, looking up at him, not even thinking about letting him go.

"Between you, Steve and Sam, you give the best hugs." His smile emitted a thousand sun warmth.

"I'm happy to hear that." You smiled. "I'm here for you whenever you need a hug."

"Carefully, I may need them more than you would like."

"I hope so, you give really nice hugs." You smiled up at him.

"That's good because you're not getting rid of me." He chuckled, bringing you into a hug again, slightly lifting you from your feet and making you giggle.