Chapter 5

The creature stared down at Dream. It wanted something from him. What does it want from me? Dream thought. He tried to stand up, but couldn't. Everything just kept spinning and it wouldn't stop. He felt sick to his stomach.

"What do you want from me?" Dream asked.

"I'm here to help you." The creature asked.

"I feel horrible. What's happening?"

"I know, you were poisoned."

"By...by what?"

"That knife that Draper hurt you with, it had poison on it."

"What?! I don't wanna die!"

"I know, and I can help you. Just put on the mask and-"

"No, just tell me why he poisoned it."

"He poisoned it so that if you didn't die you would die. But I saved you."

"What do you mean you saved me?"

"When he stabbed you I kept you from dying. I kept you alive. That means you can trust me."

"I don't have to trust you at all."

"I have saved you many times before, in every single one of your lives. You've always trusted me in saving you from anything."

The creature bent down towards him and wrapped around Dream. Dream had tried to get him away, his hand went right through. He was surprised by this. The creature stood back up and looked down at him. It morphed and turned into the person he saw from his dream. The man took off his mask and grinned. Dream wanted to scream, but nothing came out.

"You can't hurt us. I know you don't want to accept the mask, but you have to sooner or later."

Dream felt more and more sick.

"Just make the pain go away." Dream begged

"I could, just accept the mask."

Walking sounds came closer to the room. The man vanished once the door started to creak open. The door had fully open to reveal Puffy. She saw her son on the floor and her ears went down, a worried look came over her. Dream looked up at her and saw that everything around her was spinning. He tried to get up, but couldn't. She rushed over to him and held him in her arms.

"Duckling!" She said.

"Everything is spinning." Dream could barley talk.

She laid him down in his bed. Puffy felt his forehead, it was burning hot. She ran outside and left Dream alone in the room. The world twirled around him. The soreness didn't make it better at all. He just wished the pain would end. Dream couldn't think of anything in that moment. 

The ship seemed to come to a halt and Puffy ran into the room. She picked up dream and carried him outside. Dream looked out and saw the land that they were headed for. Puffy carried him onto the deck and onto the land. Carrying him to a building, that looked closed off. A woman was in there and watched as Puffy walked over to her, with Dream in her arms.

"My son, he is very sick. Do you have any medicine?" Puffy asked.

"Yes, we do. Come this way." She led them down a hall and to a door.

The woman took out a key and opened up the door. It showed a room with a bed and a cabinet filled with potions. Puffy laid Dream down on the bed and opened up the cabinet. She pushed back potions, and eventually took out a potion that was red. Puffy held up Dream's head and made him drink the potion. As much as he didn't want to, he still did. The room slowly went back to normal and nothing looked to be spinning anymore. Dream felt relief that it was over. the soreness had finally went away.

Puffy smiled at the fact her son was better. She rubbed the top of his head again and got up. She grabbed the potion and put it on a little desktop, on the other side of the room. Puffy looked back over her shoulder before leaving Dream to rest. Dream was now alone once again. He didn't want to be alone. He just wanted someone to be with him.

The opened just a crack and a face peered through looking at Dream. Dream knew it was probably the man once again, so he rolled his eyes. The door opened more to show a young boy with antlers on top of his head. The boy wore a blue mask, what looked like a deer outfit, and a red nose on his nose. Dream didn't know what the boy wanted, but he let him come in.

"Hello." Dream said.

The boy didn't respond, he just stared curiously at Dream. Dream didn't know what to do, the boy wasn't talking at all.

"Um...I'm Dream." Dream waited for the boy to respond.

The boy looked around the room and picked up and paper and pen. He began to write on it. Once done, he showed Dream the paper and let him read it. Dream tried his best to read the paper.

"Callahan?" Dream said. 

The boy nodded.

"Wow I like that name." Dream said, "So, do you not talk?"

The boy nodded again and started to sign in sign language. Dream knew how to sign, but it has been a long time. He tried his best to write to the boy.

"How are you?" Dream signed.

"I'm good. That's a big wound." Callahan signed to Dream.

"I got hurt." 

"I hope you get better."

"Thank you."

They both sat there for many minutes signing to each other and having a good time. They were learning a lot about the other. They both were starting to become good friends.