Chapter 7

Dream kept his hand on his sword and Callahan next to him, as they entered the building. It was pitch black inside except for a few blue lanterns, that gave off a haunting glow. The place was empty, the only sound there was the sound from a music box playing on a table. It played a creepy track and creeped out the two. A door stood on the other side of the room, a green glow came from the creaks on the door. 

The two walked farther in, with Callahan behind Dream. They didn't know if they should be in here at all. A sound came from the other side of the door, along with footsteps. The door swung open and a man stood there. His eyes looked creepy and old, like he has seen a lot. He was tall, with an old white beard. His black jacket and captains hat made it much more scary.

"What're you two doing in here?" his voice was crackly and deep.

"Could ask you the same thing." Dream said, ready to take out his sword.

The man stared down at the two and looked at Dream for a long time. He looked angry. Callahan pulled on Dream's shirt, wanting them both to leave before they would regret it. Dream didn't want to run, he wasn't a coward.

"Boy if you don't get out of here, I'll take your life." the man said.

"And I will fight for it. I'm not afraid of you." Dream said.

"If you knew any better about me, you would run for your life."

"If you knew any better about me and my mother, you would run for your life."

Callahan pulled more on Dream's shirt, wanting leave now. Dream watched as the man put his hand on the sword of his handle.

"Don't you even think about it!" Dream said, pulling out his sword and facing the man.

"You think your brave? I think you should leave now." The man said pulling out his sword, but facing it to the ground. The sword had stained blood on it from something. "It is a mistake to mess with me. Run along now."

"I'm no coward."

They stared at each other in silence. Dream was ready to fight whenever the man was gonna hurt either one of them. Even though Dream was a little bit still hurt, he wouldn't back down from a fight. The man looked at Dream and something had popped into his head.

"Have you ever heard of the story of Dreamon?" the man asked.

Callahan jumped and Dream noticed. Yes, he knew that he was the next 'vessel' for this creature. He knew of its power.

"You look exactly like the man the Dreamon is supposed to be." the man said.

"And if I am?" Dream told the man.

"Then I would have to kill you on the spot, because of it's past that it holds."

"Callahan, let's go." Dream needed to get out of there before the man exactly tried to come at them.

They turned around and started to walk towards the door. Dream walked behind Callahan, keeping him from getting hurt. He could feel the man's eyes on them both as they walked out the door. Once they were out, Callahan grabbed Dream's arm and ran with him back to his shop. They hid behind some bushes and watched the man walk out of the store.

The man looked around for them. He moved his head side to side, looking. Eventually he caught them staring at him from the bushes. He began to walk over, still holding his stained bloody sword. Dream stood up and held his sword out to the man. Once the man got to the two, he looked ready to hit them both, he held up his sword. Before anything could happen Captain Puffy came out of nowhere and stood in front of the two boys, blocking them from the man.

"Are you trying to hurt my son?" Puffy asked.

The man realized who was in front of him and put his sword down. He didn't want to get her mad and put his sword away.

"Captain Puffy." the man said.

"What are you trying to do to my boy?" she asked mad.

"Is this your boy?" he said pointing to Dream.

"He is. If you are trying to hurt him, I suggest you back down now. I won't back down from a fight. Now why did you have your sword out."

"He and his friend have came into a shop that they shouldn't have. Also your boy looks like a man from a legend."

"They don't know any better. I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt you in any way either. Also what do you mean by 'he looks like a man from a legend'?"

"There's a story about a man who reincarnates once he dies. That boy looks like the man."

"So you want to hurt him?"

"No, I-"

"Leave now. If you try to hurt me or my family in any way, I will hurt you. Don't you dare ever pull a sword on us either."

The man pulled down his hat slightly. "Yes ma'am." and he walked away.

The three watched as he walked far away. Puffy didn't take her eyes off the man until he was almost out of sight. Dream turned around to see Callahan shaking, he was scared.

"Callahan, what's wrong?" Dream asked.

"I thought that something was gonna happen to us." Callahan signed.

"It's ok, I wasn't gonna let anything happen to us."

Dream hugged Callahan to try and comfort him. Puffy had walked away and back to the ship. She came over once she saw the two in trouble. Instead of going to explore the rest of the island, the boys just sat down and waited for the night to come.