𝟓. 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 halls felt like a nightmare when I had been awake all night long. I felt as if I had to pry my eyes open or stick my arms out so I didn't run into anybody. And all of that effort for twenty useless fairy tales, and a dumb postcard. 

"You seem like you had a great sleep last night," Kiara said as she grabbed my shoulder, steering me away from the group of football players in the hallway. 

"You noticed?" I grumbled as she led me towards my locker. 

"It's hard not to," She replied, "You look like you would fit in with the Walking Dead, or maybe Zombieland." I rolled my eyes at her comment while she opened my locker. 

"Maybe I could go to Hollywood and become a superstar," I muttered drowsily with a smile. 

Pressing my cheek against the cold metal, I sighed and began to close my eyes. "Nuh-uh," She replied as she snapped her fingers in front of my face, "You need to stay away, you can sleep at lunch," Groaning, she pushed me in front of my locker as I grabbed my books. 

Before I could shut the door, a piece of paper –almost replicating the one from last night– stuck itself into the corner of my locker. Reaching in, my nimble fingers pulled it out with a sharp yank. Staring at the postcard, I shook my head. Where was this thing coming from, and didn't I throw it out only a few hours ago? 

"Whatcha look at?" Kiara asked as she leaned against the lockers beside me. 

"Nothing, just an old piece of paper," I replied as I crumpled the postcard up, determined to throw it out the first chance I get. 

"Well then, let's get your tired ass to school before you're famous," She grinned as we walked away and up the stairs for our first-period class. 

Heading towards my usual seat, I sat down and pulled out the homework from yesterday. Flipping through the pages, I stopped. Taped to a blank sheet was the postcard, once again. Ripping it out, I turned it over; nothing. Tearing it into tiny pieces, I threw it in the trash can, an annoyed look washing over my face. 

(start at the beginning)

Not long later, I was sitting at our usual cafeteria table, Lilly –A short girl with bright pink hair– and Diana –A tall ginger with freckles dotting her cheeks– sitting next to us. "Are you guys in the mood to see a movie this Saturday? I heard they're re-releasing The Amazing Spiderman and I really wanna go see it," Lilly explained as she dipped a carrot into a small container of humans. 

"Okay, but Andrew Garfield or Tobey Maguire?" Diana questioned with a raise of her brow. 

"Andrew," She replied, "I know Tobey was the OG, but it's Andrew we're talking about," She gushed.