𝟖. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮

(start at the beginning)

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 -with the boys now gone- I had finished my breakfast and I was ready to get back in my car. "How will you be paying?" Nova asked as I pulled out my wallet.

"Cash," I told her as she handed me my receipt. Flicking through the bills I had, I pulled out twenty dollars and handed it to her. As she put the cash in the register, I pulled out a five and set that on the table. "And a tip," I added.

"Thank you," She told me with a bright smile. "Would you like your receipt?"

"No thanks, I'm all good," I replied as I put my wallet back in my pocket. As I headed out of the diner, my hand fishing for the keys in my pocket, a pair of hands grabbed my arms.

Panic ran through my veins as I realized that the boys from earlier had been waiting outside, and now two of them were holding my arms as they dragged me to the side of the building. Struggling, I tried to pull myself away but their grip was iron tight. "Get off of me!" I seethed.

"I don't think so," Jake said as he pushed off of the wall, hands stuffed into his pocket. Now that I was getting a better look at these boys, I could see that they were almost twice the size of me. "I know you said that you didn't want to get in bed with me, but," He waved his arms around, "I don't see a bed here, so we're all good,"

My eyes widened as he let out a soft laugh, his head tilting with amusement. "Let go, now," I was freaking out and it was not good. My mind fuzzed as the boys pressed me against the brick wall, the surface scratching my back.

"Why? What do you think you can do to us?" Dylan laughed, "You're not that intimidating if I'm being honest," He added as he smirked at Jake.

"I'm being serious," I told them, but I wasn't begging them, I was warning them.

The three boys laughed loudly as Luke stepped towards me, his hand running down my arm and towards my neck. "You know, I tried to agree with you Jake, but she is hot, especially when she's squirming like this,"

"I'm warning you!" I seethed as I squeezed my eyes shut, my heart racing and my body shaking. Twisting my head to the right, I could see the faint glow of red sparking from my fingers. I tried to move my arms but they were pinned down hard.

"So, who wants to have the first go?" Dylan asked as Luke's finger tugged the neckline of my shirt. "'Cause I gladly wanna start,"

"You're disgusting and vile," I spat at him, causing him to wipe his eye in disgust.

"Shut up, bitch," He insulted as the two other boys just grinned. "We should've picked one with less fight," He added with a frown.

"You're just a little firecracker, huh," Jake joked, "But it's too bad," A sly smile appeared on his face. "Nobody cares, and nobody's going to help you. As I recall, you said that you were waiting for someone, so, either they stood you up, or you're all alone."

I glared at him harshly, "Either way, we win," He finished.

"Go," I began as rage began to fill my body, "To hell,"

My hands flew out as all three boys were thrown back, their bodies slamming into the opposite wall. They grunted as they dropped onto the cold ground, their breaths heavy and staggered. I fell against the wall, my knees weak as my hands glowed red.

"What the hell are you?" Dylan yelled, his eyes wide with fear.

I pushed myself up, a smile growing on my face as if I was feeding off of their fear. "You're a monster!" Luke added as he touched the back of his head, his hand bloodied and his hair matted.

"Monster, no," I answered as took a step towards them, "Defending myself," I thought for a second, "Yeah,"

"You-you can't hurt us! You're not supposed to do that!" Dylan stammered as stopped in front of him and Luke.

"How do you know what I should or shouldn't do? Huh? Where was that mindset when I was pushed up against the wall, your friend's hand trying to unclip my bra?" I asked with a growl before I looked towards Jake.

"I'm not scared of you," He snapped as he rested on his elbow.

"I never said you had to be," I laughed as I bent down in front of him, "I'm just telling you, you know, friend to friend," Smiling innocently, I stood up and headed away from the three of them, car keys in my hand.

"Bitch," I heard him mumble under his breath.

"Oh, Jake?" I remembered as I swiftly turned around.

"What?" He demanded.

"You might want to get your broken nose checked out," I told him with a grin.

"What're you talking about, my nose isn't broken," He challenged as I gave a swift wave of my hand.

Grabbing his nose, he began howling in pain, blood streaming down his hands.

"Are you sure about that?" And with that, I headed back to my car while Jake cried in pain and his friends tried to help him.

With nobody around, I slipped into my car and drove out the parking lot, still three hours left to go.