One

**Aurora's Pov**

"Get your nose out of that book and eat something!" I huff and place my book down making sure I'm eyeing my dad. My mom comes downstairs and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "David she can read. Don't you remember when I couldn't get you to put a book down." He rolls his eyes and gives my mom a quick peck on the lips before placing her food down on the table for her. "Well Miranda I actually remembered to eat. Ro Ro over here thinks all she needs to live is a mansion full of books." I giggle at them. "That doesn't sound too bad. For my 17th birthday I would like a mansion full of books. Please and thank you." They both roll their eyes at me and continue to eat. "I was being serious!" They look up from their food again and look me dead in the eyes. "Trust us we know." They say at the same time. I smile and get up from the table.

"I'm heading to school. Bye love you guys." The words rush out of my mouth so fast Im sure their heads are spinning.

"You have a full hour before you leave. Why are you leaving so early?" My dad says checking his watch.

"The library gets new books every Wednesday and I wanna be the first to read them." I run over and give them quick pecks on the cheek before grabbing my car keys and running out to  my car.

In twenty minutes I've arrived at school. Exactly on time too. The library literally just opened and I walk through the doors. "Hi sweetie. The new books are in section H3 like always. Enjoy." I smile and nod my head. "Thanks Mrs.Harris. You know me too well." She smiles and giggles before setting up the rest of the library. I make my way over to section H3 and a book with a green spine and gold lettering catches my eye. I reach up to grab it but then I feel a hand on mine, which causes me to quickly jerk my hand away. From the feeling so did the other person. Who else would be here this early? I look down and see a raven haired girl, with pale skin, crazy ocean blue eyes, pink lips, and an oddly cute nose.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! You can have the book I'll read it another time." The raven haired beauty says.

"Woah woah woah. First off I'm sorry. Second what's your name?"

"April. April Swan."

"Well April I'm Aurora. Aurora Mills. Why won't you look me in the eye?"

"Um-I.." Instead of letting her find an excuse I take my finger and tip her head up to face me.

"There. That wasn't so hard was it?" She shakes her head no.

"You want the book?" She nods her head yes.

"Well," I reach up again and grab the book down from the shelf. "Here you go April. I'll just read something else that's new. No worries."

"No I-it's fine you can take it." I shake my head no and hold the book out to her. She shakes her head no and pushes it back to me. I smile and take her hand. I open her palm and place the book in it.

"April take it. Also I would never hurt you." I give her a quick peck on her cheek. Before I can walk away she pecks my cheek also.

"Thank you Aurora. I really appreciate it. It means a lot."

"Anytime April. Find me if you need anything."

"U-u-uh t-th-thanks."

"You're adorable." She blushes and I go off to find another book. Once I find one I go check out and head to class. Sadly it's just Algebra 2 and class doesn't start for some time now. I stop by my locker and pull out a chocolate chip cookie my mom makes every Wednesday morning.

After I close my locker I hear someone crying. I'm here early anyway might as well kill some time. I follow the sound of sobs and coughs to the girls bathroom. I open the door and it reveals a very shaken up April. "Hey April what's wrong?" She just looks up at me and pulls her head into her knees. "April?" When she doesn't answer I walk up to her but she shuffles back towards the wall. "Hey April it's fine. I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise I will never hurt you." She finally looks up from knees with a small smile.