Twenty

"So dad said no to the convertible." I say hanging up.

"Well that just spoils our fun." April says with a pout. I laugh at her as we put up our homework.

"Did you know they finished the library?" April asks me as she plops down in my lap.

"No I didn't. I need a new book anyways how about we go tomorrow and check it out?" April nods her head yes and gets up to put on her shoes.

"Where are you going?"

"We have to meet Ms. Gold and Veronica remember? Traffic is already as bad as it is so we might as well get a head start."

"Well now I know who's the smart one in this relationship." I say standing up to put my shoes on also. April shakes her head with a laugh and literally strips me of my shirt.

"April what are you doing?"

"I want to wear that to bed tonight so you have to pick a different shirt." She states simply, like it was the most common thing in the world.

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah. I like that shirt on you so I wanna wear it."

"What am I gonna do with you." I say as I ruffle the top of her head. She scolds me and fixes her hair before heading downstairs.

We finally pull up to the Laser Tag Dome after we stopped by my mom's bakery. April insisted obviously.

"Hey guys!" April says as she walks to the entrance.

"So how does this work?" Jessica asks as we enter the building.

"So we gear up in that room over there. Chest sensors, ankle sensors, and back sensors. We grab a gun and then we go to one of the many different scenery rooms. Basically pick a theme type thing. We put how many are going in and it gives us a random time limit. Then we pick our teams, go in, and may the best team win. There is also a free for all option."

"This is gonna be fun!" Veronica says as she runs to the gear room. April isn't too far behind her.

"Children these days." I say to Jessica while running to the gear room. As I'm running I hear Jessica laugh.

"So how many rounds do you guys want to play?" Veronica asks as we all geared up.

"Let's jus play until we can't no more!" April says while picking the theme. Blackout themed seems to be her favorite.

"I don't know about y'all but I'm up for some couple vs couple. What do you guys think?" Veronica says while walking up to Jessica. I look at April and she smirks at me.

"Sure." April and I say at the same time.

*Seven rounds later*

"Why did I let you guys talk me into this." Veronica whines. She's the only one who haven't won a match. During couple versus couple me and April won those three rounds and then we played free for all the other four which resulted in everyone winning except Veronica. April of course won twice.

"If I'm not mistaking you were the one most excited about this today V." Jessica says smugly.

"No need to out me babe." Veronica says while being fake annoyed.

"And they say we are like a married couple." April whispers in my ear.

"We are a married couple." I state proudly which makes April roll her eyes but I know she's thinking about it because the smile on her face is giving the whole demeanor away.

"Guys we have to go. The food and games were so fun. We should definitely do this again but me and V get to pick the place next time." Jessica says smiling.

"Of course! See you guys tomorrow." They wave before walking off and I turn to face April.

"You ready to go Ari?"

"Yeah I need a nap but can we go to my house now? I miss my bed." She says with a pout. I giggle a bit and nod my head yes. She grabs my hand pulling me out of my seat and out the doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is literally crap and idk why sorry for not updating for like MONTHS. I did not mean for that to happen but I wanted to put this out there bc you guys waited long enough. Also sorry it's so short I honestly didn't know what i wanted to do with this chapter so yea. Maybe my next update will be better and I hope it is jus for my sake.