Sixteen

**April's pov**

I open the doors to my last class, getting ready to go find Aurora but I automatically run into something or someone face first. I look up and see Aurora standing there looking at me. I smile and peck her lips. She smiles and takes my hand.

"Come on! We gotta go!" She shouts as she pulls me through the halls.

"Go where?!"

"Um laser tag remember? But we have to go get changed first. How did you already forget?"

"I didn't forget. I just didn't know you meant right now!"

"Dork. A very adorable little dork." She says smiling at me. I blush and look down. She laughs and opens the car door for me.

"Such a gentlewoman." I say with a smirk.

"Only for the fairest girl in the land." She says in a fake posh accent. I giggle and she smiles at me.

She closes the door and gets in the driver side. She smiles as she looks over at me. It makes me blush knowing her gaze is heavily on me but in a good way. She pecks my cheek before starting the car up and putting it in reverse.

I don't know what it is about her and putting the car in reverse but it makes her look 100x hotter if that's even possible. The way one hand rests it's self on the headrest of my seat, the one hand on the steering wheel, the way her natural waves are perfectly sculpting her features, and the said hand on the steering wheel spinning it whichever way she pleased. Like I said 100x hotter.

"Ari? Are you okay?"

"Hm? Oh yeah I'm good. It's just- never mind."

"Oh it's just you liked what you saw?" She says wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Of course I love what I saw! Have you looked in the mirror lately?!"

"Um I did just now." She says pointing to the rear view mirror.

"And what do you see?" I ask as I reach for her hand.

"A girl who is getting ready to kick your butt at laser tag." She says with a smirk.

"Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? Actually I do. And I'm so sorry Aura but I'm definitely gonna kick your butt."

"Mhm is that so?"

"Yes, yes it is." I say with a proud smile.

"We'll see about that."

After the drive we arrive at her house and immediately rush up to her room. She walks to her bathroom and I walk to her closet. I grab one of her Little Mix graphic tees and a pair of black leggings. I quickly change and throw my hair in a bun. Don't want it to be in the way when I'm crushing it on the laser tag floor.

"Ari you ready to go?"

"Yeah come on."

"You look perfect. As always." I blush and toy with my fingers. I look up and see her smiling at me. Yeah definitely don't ever want to lose that smile.

We reach the car and we both get in. She still haven't found her contacts so she's been sticking with glasses. She also stopped straightening her hair and now the perfect beach waves frame her face. She also took off the little makeup that occupied her face before. Funnily enough, she looks almost the exact same. Her eyelashes, eyebrows, and lips aren't as full but it still suits her perfectly.

She pulls into the Laser Tag Dome parking lot. This place is actually pretty expensive considering that it's the best one in the city. I thought she would've took us to the one inside the mall game room. Definitely not this. Am I complaining? Absolutely not. Thinking that she's in some type of gang? Absolutely am. This place is like $45 per person and if you planned a party here with the full benefits, say goodbye to your bank account.