Nine

**April's pov**
**One Day Later**

I keep checking the clock, waiting for the bell to finally ring. Aurora and I have a picnic date that she planned right after school. I think the teacher is noticing my anxiousness because he keeps checking the clock also. We are now down to five minutes left of class and the teacher calls on me.

"April you can leave. I already went over everything and by the looks of it so did you." He smiles at me with a small nod. I smile and pack my things up. I say a most likely inaudible thank you and speed walk out the door. I turn a corner and immediately bump into someone.

"Oh hey Ari I was just coming to get you. Sorry about bumping into you." I smile and wrap my arms around her. I say a muffled 'it's okay' before she wraps her arms around me too.

"Did I tell you how gorgeous you look today?" She asks as she releases me from the hug and pulls away.

"Only about five times. Well six now counting the one just now." I say blushing.

"Good because you deserve to know how beautiful you look everyday." She says pecking my lips. I giggle and reach up slightly on my tippy toes so I could peck hers. She reaches for my hand but I slap hers away and she pouts.

"But Ari I wanna hold your hand." She says in a baby voice. Okay I can't say no to that.

"I know Aura but I wanted a piggy back ride." She loses the baby act and bends down so I can hop on.

"Your wish is my command m'lady." I laugh and ruffle her hair.

"Why thank you my noble steed." I say after fixing her hair and pecking it. She laughs and walks towards her locker. She reaches in and grabs two hoodies before we walk out of the school building and to her car. Honestly I love her car it's not flashy or anything but it's got a nice late night car rides vibe to it that seems to stick twenty-four seven.

"Ari if you need more feet room just grab that basket and put it in the back." She must not have realized how small my feet actually are.

"No it's fine. What's in the basket?"

"Our food and blanket for the picnic."

"Please tell me you have chocolate cake in there."

"A whole cake this time not just a few slices." I squeal and try and reach down but she stops me.

"Not until the picnic Ari." She says sternly. I huff and cross my arms while mumbling something about food is meant to be eaten and extremely good food is meant to be eaten immediately. She just laughs and mutter how adorable I look. I keep trying to reason with her but I fail terribly so I try and look mad but that act drops as soon as we reach the spot we are having our picnic at.

"I hope you're not allergic to sunflowers and poppies."

"No I'm not allergic to anything."

"Good because this is my favorite place on Earth and I wanna share it with my favorite person on Earth." I feel my face heat up. Like beet red. As I talk I become a stuttering mess. I haven't stuttered around her since we first met. Great. Just great.

"Y-you t-t-think, I-I'm your f-favorite person on E-E-Earth?" She smiles at me and my face gets redder. She walks to a little patch in the grass that looks like it was made for picnics and and spreads out the blanket. She motions for me to come over and I do sitting down once she's finished. She brushes hair out of my face that the wind has blown there.

"Yes you are my absolute favorite person on Earth. Now put this on so you don't get cold." She pulls out a hoodie and hands it to me. This will be the first time she actually gave me one of her hoodies without me asking. I take it and slip it on as I slightly bite my lip in excitement.

"Aura?"

"Hm?"

"You're my favorite person on Earth too." I say before I go back to slightly bitting my lip. She smiles at me before pulling out spaghetti and some other stuff. I kinda get disappointed when I don't see chocolate cake but then smile when she pulls out a perfectly round chocolate cake obviously made by her mom. Also the packaging was a dead giveaway. I reach for it but she pulls it back.

"I need a kiss first Ari."

"Seriously?!"

"Deadly serious." She says with a smirk. That smirk can get her anything she wanted from me. Just saying.

"Fine." I say with a huff. She swoops down and captures my lips. I gasp and the sudden contact and she laughs a little before pulling away. She places the chocolate cake down and looks at me.

"Please eat something before you dig into the cake." She says when she sees I've been staring at the cake the whole time. I grab some spaghetti and start to eat it while still staring at the cake. When it hits my tastebuds I take my eyes off the cake and to the spaghetti.

"Who made this?!"

"My dad. It was last nights dinner and we had leftovers."

"Oh my god could your whole family cook well?!"

"I guess so. I mean when it's steak night I always make the steak. Probably my best dish or my chicken alfredo." I stare at her, eyes bulging.

"Well that's good I can't cook at all."

"Next date I'll teach you some things."

"Next date?"

"Yep. It hurts that you think you're only getting one date outta me." She says while giggling.

"I hope there will be many more to come." I say quietly.

"Trust and believe there will be Ari." I smile at her as my face has a slight coat of pink appearing before it. She wipes my face of spaghetti sauce and pecks them.

"You can eat the cake now." I squeal and reach for the knife to cut the cake. I squeal again, forgetting I have a knife in my hand. Not gonna lie I almost cut myself.

"Ari! Be careful."

"Sorry Aura." She nods and holds her hand out. I place the knife in it and she cuts me a nice big slice.

"I can't be trusted with a knife now Aura?"

"Sorry Ari but I hate to see you getting hurt. Especially when I'm here." She says as she hands me a SunnyD.

"I know Aura it's fine. You're probably right anyway." I say while smiling at her. She smiles back but with her teeth and it gives me a chance to see how straight and white they are. What is she a goddess?!

As I eat my cake she watches me before packing everything up. My cheeks go red but I keep eating the cake.

"Where to next?" I ask after I finish eating the cake.

"I was think back to your house or mine for cuddles. Unless you had something else in mind that you want to do."

"No cuddles sound perfect." I say smiling at her.

"Who's house?"

"Mine since your mom is catching on. Let's see if my moms do."

"It's still cool to me how you have to moms."

"Really? It's pretty much like having a mom and dad. Just females."

"Well I'm not complaining one bit. How could I?" As she says the last sentence she looks at me and smiles. I blush again and she pecks my forehead. I love forehead kisses especially from her.

================================

Comment and vote pls

•Marah🦕•