Ten

**Aurora's pov**

As we get in the car April mumbles something. She mumbles it again and I just think she's singing a song. She looks at me and mumbles it again.

"Ari you're gonna have to speak up. I thought you were singing this whole time." I say pecking her forehead, adding a boop to her nose. She giggles and touches her nose like a child would do if you booped their nose.

"I said I love your forehead kisses. It makes me feel cared for." I bend down and kiss her forehead over and over again. She giggles and pulls me into a hug.

"That's good because I care for you, greatly and because I love giving you them." She sighs happily into my side considering we are still in the car. "Come on we gotta go. I'm in desperate need of cuddles." She releases my side but reaches for my hand. I meet her halfway and kiss each of her knuckles as she intertwines them together. After that I start to drive to her house.

We arrive and April looks at me like she wants something. I stare at her face for a minute, just studying her. She glances away while biting her lip but then looks back at me letting her lip go. I smile and place my hand on her chin. I swoop down and give her a lingering peck. I pull away but she pulls me back by the neck. We end up kissing until we both pull away for oxygen. Instead of going in as planned we just sit there resting our foreheads on each other's.

"I don't wanna go inside. I don't wanna be there right now. I just said I did because I didn't want you to leave." April says breaking the silence.

"We don't have to Ari. Is everything okay at home? Where do you wanna go?"

"I really don't wanna talk about it. Just please anywhere but here."

"Your wish is my command." I press a kiss to her forehead and leave her house. Out the corner of my eye I can see she reaches out for my hand slightly but then drops it and lets it rest in her own lap. I take my hand off the steering wheel and place it on top of hers. I bring it up to my lips and kiss her knuckles like I did before.

"Where are we going?"

"Well to get us both what we want I have the perfect spot for you to rant to me at."

"Where is it?"

"That's a surprise Ari."

"I hate surprises."

"I know but trust me you'll love it."

"I trust you with my life." She says quietly as I reverse the car.

"Good because you have no reason not to." She smiles slightly and squeezes my hand. I rub my thumb against the back of her palm before putting the car in park. I open my trunk which is big enough to sprawl out on. "Close your eyes Ari." She closes them and I go over to open her door. I walk her to the back of my trunk and set her in there.

"I know, I know you hate it when I carry you without your permission."

"Actually Aura I like when you carry me. Not over the shoulder though. But like bridal style or baby carrier style."

"Got it Ari." I say giving her a peck on her nose. She giggles and snuggles in the comforter I draped over her. "Oh you can open your eyes now." She opens her eyes and drops the blanket she had pulled up stopping at her nose. She looks at me and I smirk at her. It's just on the outskirts of the town free of all the pollution in the city. Los Angelas is full of it if you wanna talk honesty. Which means the stars shine as bright as possible against the dark cover we call a sky. She opens her mouth but no noise comes out. I open my arms and she slowly but surely crawls into them. Her back is pressed up against my front as I peck behind her ear. She opens her mouth again and finally says something.

"Wow. Aura you didn't have to."

"I know Ari but you looked upset. Gorgeous girls don't deserve to be upset." She blushes trying to hide it with her hair. Imma be honest, I like the effect I have on her still to this day. It's absolutely adorable.

"I'm ready to talk now." She says after moments of silence.

"You sure?" I question. I mean back at her house she shot me down pretty quick about it. She nods her head yes and picks up my hand to play with my fingers. I always adored when she did this because she always does it with a adorably amount of concentration. One of the reasons I love her. Wait? Love her? It's only been a month or so since we knew each other and most of that month of us dating. So love? Kinda a stretch. But then again we are talking about April Swan so who knows anymore? I'll have to think back on it later.

She takes a deep breath and let's it out before talking. She became a little shaky since she said she was ready but I'm pretty sure it's just the nerves.

"Okay. Here I go."

"Take your time. We are in no rush."

"Okay. So basically my parents have been fighting. And I know all relationships have their fights no matter how long the relationship is. But this isn't regular fights. It's actually far from it, it happens everyday now and it's gotten scary."

She turns, facing me now, basically straddling me. I don't mind she most likely just wants a shoulder to cry on. Literally. She traces circles right under my collar bone before she continues.

"Like yesterday they were fighting about something someone said to Mama Rose. Mom got jealous and everything has been tense since Aura. Sometimes I hear Mama Rose cry at night because of them. I'm scared. Really scared that they are going to get a divorce. Nothing will ever be the same. They used to be so happy but now their just mad all the time. It's not right." By now she's full blown crying, hiccups and all. I rub her back while whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Once she calms down she looks at me and I wipe her eyes. I place a long kiss on her forehead.

"Aura. Wh-w-what do I do?" She says letting more tears run down her face.

"I cannot imagine what you're going there Ari but I can tell you this. They might think that this has no effect on you and this only concerns them so maybe you should tell them how much of an impact its having on you and go from there. If things go left just call me and I'm there. I promise."

"My life would be a wreck without you." She says quietly. I laugh a bit while running my thumb carefully across her cheek. I peck her forehead and then her lips. She lays her head back down on my chest sighing heavily.

"Want to head back to my house? We can go to school from there."

"Will I get cuddles?"

"Of course beautiful. I can also ask my mom to make you some cake."

"Chocolate cake?"

"Yes Ari chocolate cake." She squeals and pecks my lips as she runs to the passenger seat. I smile and make my way to the drivers seat. I grab her hand and intertwines it with mine as I start the car and off to my house.

===============================

Comment and vote pls

•Marah💙•