Four

**April's pov**

It's been a week and I haven't seen Aurora since I've met her mom. She apparently caught something and made me stay away so I wouldn't catch it. After a lot of back and forth she won and I haven't gone to check up on her. Oh my god what if she's dead?! I really need to stop that. I have no valid reason to do this to myself. I just finished my last class and am now heading to my locker. I get stopped when somebody holds back my backpack.

"Hey mute. Where's your little buddy Aurora? Or was she just faking everything and ditched you?" I recognize that voice. Veronica. Veronica Chapel. The worst person ever, well to me at least. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you mute." I slowly turn around and face her. She smirks and looks me up and down. "Answer my question mute." I just shrug my shoulders and try to walk off. But like always she stops me. "What's the matter cats got your tongue?" She says laughing a bit. Really? She couldn't do better? I just stare at her deadpanned until she stops laughing. When she does she gives me a disgusted look. She looks me up and down again before walking away. She didn't get far enough though because once she took at least two steps some shouts.

"Ari! I missed you!" Now there is only one person who calls me Ari and only one person I allow to call me that. My face lights up and I turn to where the sound came from. "Aura!" I shout back. She walks up to me and gives me a big hug. I giggle into her chest. She's about four  or three inches taller than me so it's like the perfect fit. I catch a glimpse of Veronica and some other people who were watching near by. Same reaction with all of them. Eyes bulged and jaws dropped. We are still in our hug when Veronica says something.

"You talk?!" I can't even answer because Aurora says something.

"Well only to me of course. She has high standards and I reach every one of them." I laugh into a chest again.

"And you talk?!" Veronica says pointing at Aurora. This time I talk before she can.

"Only for me of course." I say giggling.

"Damn right Ari." I continue to laugh into her chest. "Oh and my mom needs a taste tester."

"Well come on!" I say pulling out of the hug and grabbing onto her hand, dragging her to the car. She giggles and everyone in the hall are left dumbfounded. What can I say? We make a mysterious pair. Once we are in the car she starts driving to her house.

"You know you could've let me help you get better."

"But you would've gotten sick and we can't have that Ari."

"But I was worried Aura." I say quietly. She takes a hand off the steering wheel and intertwines it with mine.

"I know Ari. I know. But I couldn't let you catch whatever I had. Who knows what it would've done to you. Besides I got to binge a lot of Netflix."

"Yeah I guess so. Just glad you're okay."

"I'm glad too. I missed you Ari, a lot." She always finds a way to make me blush. I'm pretty sure she made me blush more times in my life than I'll ever know.

"I missed you too Aura. A lot, a lot." Oh my god. I made her blush. I made Aurora Mills blush. She squeezes my hand and pops me back to reality. I squeeze back and her thumb starts to rub circles on the back of my hand. We  fall into a comfortable silence as we pull into the driveway. She opens the door for me and I glare at her. She just gives me an innocent look and I roll my eyes. She quickly pecks my cheek as we reach the porch then opens the door.

"Mom your favorite person is here!"

"Your dad is home early?"

"No! Mom! I meant me!"

"Oh I was just teasing honey. But is my favorite taste tester here?" This causes me to blush a little.

"Of course she is." We walk into the kitchen and she already has things prepared for us. She hands us the bowl and we both dip our finger in it. We pull it out and lick it. We nod our heads yes in approval.

"What is it?"

"Haven't figured out what I'm gonna call it but it's used at least one or two ingredients from all my other sweets."

"Well it's amazing." I reply.

"Thanks dear. Okay you guys are now free to do what you want. Thanks guys." We nod our heads and make our way to Aurora's room.

"Hey Ari what day is it?"

"Friday. Why?"

"Wanna have a sleepover?" I put my book down and so does she.

"A sleepover?"

"Yes. A sleepover. Only if you're up for it though."

"Sure. It seems fun. Just gotta ask my parents first."

"Well ask them!" I giggle and pull out my phone. I text my mom and ask her. We wait for about three minutes before my phone dings.

"She said yes!"

"Let me guess only because you finally have a friend."

"Yeah. Shut up Aura!" She laughs and puts back her book.

"Come on we gotta go get your things from your house."

"Ok. Let's go."

================================
Comment and vote pls

Im thinking every four chapters it's gonna be April's pov

•Marah•