4

When you wake up, your in the same room as before. You've spent more time here then anywhere else in the Glade.
"You've gotta stop doing that", Newt smiles from beside you.
"Doing what?".
"Getting hurt. You definitely have permanent brain damage". You chuckle and sit up.

The pain isn't as bad as the first time you hit your head.
You can only faintly remember what happened.  You fought with Gally.
"Did I win? The fight?", you ask as Newt fiddles with some bandages or something in the corner.
"That's your concern?", he stares at you with disbelief. You raise your eyebrows and he nods, "yeah, you won".
You smile to yourself. It felt good to beat Gally up... maybe too good.

"Don't get too happy. You made a mortal enemy". Newt says warningly.
You just shrug, "meh. I've got lots of those".

You stand all the way up and make for the door, but Newt blocks you.
"Are you sure you're feeling okay?".
You nod and step out the door.

——————

Newt is working in the gardens, Minho's running the Maze and Alby's taking charge of everyone, so you wander alone through the Glade.

It's weird how similar but different this place is from the Springs. Here it's warm and sunny, and apparently in never rains, but the Springs are cold and snowy, so it's almost impossible to grow food. You mainly hunt the animals that were in the forest (sorry vegans). You don't know where they came from, but they're always there.

You jump when you notice a small boy standing in front of you. He smiles innocently but you squint suspiciously at him.
"What do you want?".
His smiles falls slightly, "I just wanted to say hi".
He seems so young, with his boyish grin and curly brown hair, big brown eyes. He reminds you of a girl back in the Springs, Bella (change it if that's your name). She's probably much younger then this boy—he looks about ten or twelve, but Bella is only seven or eight. But don't let that fool you; Bella is a mischievous little devil—you trained her yourself— and she vicious. She can hunt and gather pretty good, and she's broken almost everyone in the Springs' fingers. Bella is like a sister to you; you miss her.

It breaks your heart that children are put through this. It's not okay to torture anyone with way, but especially not someone as young as Bella and this boy.

"My names Chuck", the boy says, snapping you back to reality.
"Y/N", you reply, shaking his hand.
"You seem weird". Chuck tilts his head to the side.
You scoff, "wow. Thanks".
"Who said it was a bad thing?".
He makes a good point.

"Do you wanna play a game?", he asks, his face lighting up. Something tells you that Chuck doesn't get to play, or be a child very often.
"Sure", you smile. You've always been good with children, even though all of them are evil.

Chuck's grin grows wider as he reaches out and taps your arm, quickly turning and waddling away.
You chase after him, giggling, and tag him back.

The game really takes your mind off everything.
As your running after Chuck (who's surprisingly fast) you run smack into Newt, who was carrying a weaved basket full of carrots and potatoes.

Vegetables go flying as you and Newt fall to the ground.
You blink a couple of times and open your eyes to see Newt laying on top of you, grinning. (Don't take this out of context, lol)

"Hello Y/N", he says with his British accent, causing your face to flush and your ears turn pink. You can't think of anything to say, so you just grin foolishly. You hear an 'oooooooh' and look up to see Chuck smirking at you. You roll your eyes and Newt clambers off of you, then extends his hand to help you up.  You take his hand and stand up, brushing yourself off and helping him collect the fallen foods.