18

TW: eating disorder

You hug Newt close, your arms wrapped tightly around his waist as you cuddle on the bed together. You checked Newt over and he seemed mostly fine, just some internal damage to his liver, but you can't really fix that.

Minho and Thomas came to see him a couple hours ago, but you haven't left his side since he woke up.

Newt strokes your hair in silence, resting his chin atop your head, when your stomach growls loudly and he chuckles.

"Love, when was the last time you ate?", he whispers softly.

You hesitate, ".... I dunno, two days maybe", you mumble, and Newt places his hand on your chin to look at you.

"Y/N, you need to eat", he sounds astonished.

"I'm fine. I'm honestly not that hungry", you shrug.

"Eat. Now. I need to see you eat", he says, pushing you away from him and off the bed, "go get food now, bring it here so I can see, and eat"

You scoff and try to get back onto the bed but he pushes you off.

"Newt....", you pout.

"Not until you eat"

You sigh and spin around, but then almost collapse and lean on the doorframe for support. You got dizzy all of a sudden and your vision goes blurry. You stand there for a moment, feeling like your slowly tipping, until you can see again and the ache behind your eyes is subsided. Okay, maybe you do need to eat.

You look at Newt who gives you the 'I told you so' bitch face and roll your eyes, heading to the kitchen.

People stare at you in shock, since you rarely leave Newts side.

"Y/N?? You have emerged", Fry says dramatically when you approach.

"Ha-ha", you reply sarcastically, "can I have a quick snack. An apple or something?". A part of you hopes he says no, but of course Fry is too nice for that.

"Sure", he chimes, handing you an apple and a peanut butter and jam sandwich.

"Thanks", you mumble and take the food back to Newt. He smiles when he sees the plate in your hands.

"Now eat"

"You first", you insist, and he sighs, taking half the sandwich. He takes a bite, and looks at you expectantly.

You take the other half of the PB & J and take a small bite. It feels weird and it somehow makes your stomach feel more empty.

"There, happy?", you ask, putting down the plate on the table. You don't plan on eating any more but Newt glares at you, his eyes almost scary.

"More"

"Newt really, I'm fine"

"For me, Love?", he pleads with big eyes and a pouty lip.

You roll your eyes and take the sandwich, biting it again and raising your eyebrows at him.

"All of it"

You don't even try to fight him at this point, because although your stomach feels like a bottomless pit, the food does provide some relief.

He smiles at you and you lay beside him again, snuggling your face into his chest happily.

Your stomach starts churning and after cuddling with Newt for a few minutes, and you gag, quickly run to the bathroom attached to the Homestead.