6

When you wake up—after a horrible nightmare about Gally— you really start to feel the pain. Bruises have formed all along your stomach and there are a few cuts in your arms. Your ankle is swollen and aching, and the worst part was a large bruise on your jaw and a cut in your lip.
That's going to be hard to cover up.

You stand up, groaning in pain when you put weight in your ankle.
Slowly and painfully, you hobble yourself way out of the forest and into the Glade, putting on your best fake smile.

You see Newt, and try to swerve and avoid him, but he sees you and jogs happily towards you.
"Hey Y/N. How was you.... Y/N, what happened to you face?".
You decide to play dumb, "what do you mean     ' what happened'?".
He reaches up to touch the bruise in your jaw softly, but you still flinch.
His hand moves to the cut right above your lip, and you shudder. He grimaces.

"Are you okay?", he asks, clearly concerned.
"Yeah! I'm fine".
He doesn't look very convinced. You wanted to tell him, but you remember Gally's warning and know it would be better to stay quiet.

Newt doesn't seem convinced, so before you can say anything you give him one last smile and head off to the Homestead.
Clint and Jeff are sitting inside, playing cards and talking.
You go to the corner and busy yourself with organizing the medicine and wrappings.

"Hey Y/N, why didn't you come back after your walk yesterday?", Clint asks over his shoulder.
"Oh, I.... I went to hang out with Chuck. Sorry". You mutter.

You want to cry at your inability to be honest, but you hold back the tears. They'd think you're weak for not doing anything, which you were, but that's beside the point.

——————

Only a few people came in with injuries. A couple builders (they seem prone to injuries), a Track-hoe and Minho.
You look at him, surprised when he walks in the door, his pant leg pulled up to above his knee, his shin cut deep.

"What happened?", you ask, cleaning the cut.
"I tripped when I was running".
You laugh at him slightly and he shakes his head, rolling his eyes.
"What about you?", he nods to you and you stare at him in confusion.
"Your face?", he adds and you realize he's talking about your bruise.
"Oh, that. I...ran into a tree", you answer lamely.

He tilts his head, raising his eyebrows, "really? You ran into a tree?".
You nod, standing up before he can ask anymore questions.
"All better. Now get out".
"Wow, nice seeing you too".

A couple hours later you head to dinner, sitting with Newt and everyone else.
They talk and laugh, but you sit in silence, munching quietly on your burger.

After dinner you take your plate to Frypan.
As you head to the showers, Newt comes up behind you and places his hand on your shoulder.
"Y/N? Are you okay? You seemed really quiet today". His concern melts your heart, and you desperately want to tell him, but you don't want to worry him with your problems.

"Yeah", you lie blankly, "just a little tired. I'm going to go take a shower".
"Okay", he smiles, then adds, "what are the scars on your stomach from".
Your taken aback. How would he know about that? You wonder. He seems to notice your confusion.
"Uhm, when they brought you in from the Maze we cleaned you up, and I noticed the scars".
Your face flushes in embarrassment. Did he...
"Don't worry! You weren't naked." He says, clearly understanding what you were concerned about.

"Good. I don't know where the scars came from, I just had them when I came up in the Crate". Another bald-faced lie.

You go to shower, grabbing a shirt and pants off the clothesline. When in the bathroom, you look at the shower and frown. It's just a cement square with a drain in the floor and a shower head. Thankfully there's a shower curtain (in the Springs a girl named Remmi slipped in the shower, ripping the curtain off the rod).

You strip down and quickly jump in the shower, pulling back the mildew-smelling shower curtain.
As you scrub yourself, you run your hand over your scars and injuries, the new ones from Gally, and the old ones.
You sing to yourself, a song you sing to Bella sometimes when she can't fall asleep . 

You continue to sing as you dry off, frowning when you see yourself in the mirror. The bruise on your face is much worse then you thought, as are all the other scratches and bruises all over your body.

When you get dressed and walk out of the bathroom, you jump when you hear a British voice beside you.
"Nice singing", Newt smirks, leaning against the wall of the bathroom.
You blush, pushing him away, "Ha, ha, ha. Shut up".

You two walk to the fire.
"I thought you only had a bonfire when there was a new Greenie?", you ask.
Newts seems impressed by your knowledge.
"We don't need an excuse to have a fire". He smiles.

The two of you hang out for a while, and you can't help but notice Gally and a few of his goons pointing to you and smiling mischievously.
Eventually they come up to you.
"Hello Y/N", Gally smiles, "would you like to go for another walk?".
You shake your head slightly, looking intently at your shoes.
You could tell it wasn't a question.
"C'mon. You know you can't say no to me", to anyone else that would sound normal, but knowing the context, it's very threatening.

You stand up, sighing and turn to Newt.
"You don't have to go for a walk right now
Y/N", Newt insists, but you shake your head, begging he'll see the desperation in your eyes.

Then Gally leads you into the forest again, this time with two of his friends.

You tell yourself that this time you'll fight back, that you won't take it, but it's three muscular jerks versus you, so not a very fair fight.
And it ends up practically the same as yesterday, but today you have three people punching you, and kicking you, rather then just one.

You cry out, but Gally tightens his hand around your throat.
You can't breathe.
When you feel like your going to pass out, Gally throws you brutally against a tree and grins, "same time tomorrow princess".

You don't want to pass out in the woods again, so you manage to get on your feet and stumble past the bonfire and behind the homestead, where you curl up in a ball, wincing from your injuries and cry yourself silently to sleep.

A/N: I kinda hate this chapter but I don't want to rewrite it, so you get to read this piece of trash. You're welcome.

I've been watching lots of Marvel and DC lately so I've been especially violent. A lot more then usual.

Anyways, thank you for reading and please comment and share and whatever.

-A3