four

I arrived at the skating park and Alex spotted me. "Hey, you made it" he says. "Just about" I reply with a smile.

"I used to come here all the time with my dad" I say with a sigh. "Oh, where is he now" Alex asks. I hate talking about how my father left me, my brother and my mum. He supposedly has met a new woman that I don't want to have anything to do with. He made his choice when he left us. Making mum start to go back to her drinking, I will never forgive him for the damage he has caused.

"Uh, he's in Mystic Falls" I tell Alex. "Oh that must be nice, do you miss him?" he replies. I really do miss him but I don't want to see him. If that makes sense. I can't tell Alex that though, he would ask too many questions.

"Yeah" I just say back, not wanting to tell anyone about my parents split. It's not good to keep stuff to yourself when your hurting inside, but this was different. No one would understand how I feel. It would sound stupid and no one would care.

I could sense him getting nervous, not knowing what to reply back to my response. I suggested we go on a walk around the park and he agreed. We were talking for hours about my life before moving and school stuff. He was so lovely and was really interested in everything I said. We had done 4 laps around the park. He asked me, "Do you want to go get some food?". "Yes I'd love that, I'm starving" I replied laughing.

We walked to the nearest takeaway called "Charlie's Chippy". He payed for both of our food which was very kind of him.

We sat below a tree. I was shivering from the cold. He looked at me, "You look freezing, here take my hoodie". His hoodie looked so comfortable so I didn't even decline the offer. "Thank you Alex, and for today. It's been so nice getting to know you and talking to you".

He looks at me and gives me a cheeky smile. I do the same. We both knew what was coming. He leaned in to me, pushing me against the tree trunk. We started kissing, it was passionate and meaningful. Yes, we only knew each other for a whole day, but we had a connection and he was so lovely.

THREE MINUTES BEFORE

Marcus' POV

The whole time walking back from the skating park I couldn't stop thinking about how I kissed her, and she kissed me back. That must mean something? But it just happened in the moment and I don't know if she liked it or not.

I got a text from Maxine telling me to go to "Charlie's Chippy" to get her chips, I wasn't going to go only for the fact that I was hungry too.

I make my way towards the takeaway. Until I notice two teenagers making out below a tree. I couldn't see who they were because it was nearly dark. But then I watch them back off each other, hold hands and walk in my direction to the light. I feel jealousy crawl up my spine as I see the girl who was kissing the boy was Amelie. I've no reason to be jealous, it's not like I care about this girl I hardly even know.

Alex notices me but Amelie does not, she was too busy staring up at Alex's structured features. "Hey dude" Alex says. Making Amelie turn to face me and her smile drops. "Hey" I say trying to not sound jealous, I walk on past them not turning to look back.

Amelie's POV

Not sure about anyone else but that hey seemed a little petty if you ask me. Is someone getting jealous already...

Alex walks me home and tells me he had a great time. I already had everyone's phone numbers from school earlier today, so I told him I would text him later. He kisses me on my cheek and we part ways. Finally, I'm home.

"Well sweet pea. How was your date!" my mums asks. "It was great, yeah. Really good" I reply just wanting to go to sleep. "I'm going to bed mum, it's been a long day" I yawn. "Night sweetie" she comes in to my room and kisses my forehead before heading to her own bed.

I jump onto my bed and let out a sigh and then a giggle. What even happened today I thought to myself, it was a crazy day. I turn around on my bed to face the other side of my room and Marcus is standing there. I go to scream from the thought of a murderer being in my room. But Marcus reaches over to me just in time by covering my mouth with his hand.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" I shout-whisper. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he says low-key laughing. "This isn't fucking funny, how on earth did you even get in here?" I ask. "Window" he points. "You climbed up the side of my house and came through my window?" I ask in disbelief. "Yes, that is what I did" he replied with a smile. "You could've fell or worse- died" I say not finding this funny. "Aww is miss gawker worried about me" he pretends to do a sad, puppy dog eyes face. I nudge him and push him off the side of my bed, "Shut up, I'd rather you had fell" I smile.

"So why are you here?" I ask. "I saw you with Alex today" he replies. "Yeah, when you walked past us and?" I scoff. "No, I mean I saw you's kissing" he says looking away. "Oh-, uh-" I didn't know what to say. "Do you like him?" He asks me looking dead straight into my eyes. "Well I've only known him for a day but yeah, he's so nice and he gave me this hoodie that I'm wearing" I laugh looking up at Marcus and then realise he isn't finding this too funny. "well, that's that then. he sounds good for you" he turns to walk to my window. "Marcus" I grab his hand before he can walk away. "Why did you kiss me?" I ask wanting to know the answer.

He sighs and sits down on the side of my bed and looks into my eyes. "There's just something about you" he says taking a piece of hair away from my face and placing it gently behind my ear. I could feel a cluster of butterflies in my stomach.

"Obsessed already?" I ask. "Only in your dreams" he says not breaking our eye contact. The tension was there. Until I broke the eye contact and looked down.

He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up, making me look at him. He had desire in his eyes. He came close to me and in that moment, I wanted him.

He pulled me up to his level, face to face. Less than an inch away, he pressed his lips gently on mine. We started kissing getting more and more passionate by the minute. We separated and he looked into my eyes and asked me, "Are you sure?". "Yes" I reply not knowing why I'm doing this. He begins to kiss down my neck and lifts his top off. I trail my fingers along his structured abs and look at them in awe as he begins to unbutton my jeans and pull them down.