twelve

Authors Note:

Hey! So this is quite a long chapter and there is a scene that might trigger some people and I wouldn't want that to happen so this is just a warning!

TW: sexual assault- kissing without given permission

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

.....

The next morning

I woke up early in a happy mood and headed into my kitchen for some waffles. I could smell alcohol, scrunching my nose up at the smell as I enter my kitchen. My mum sitting on the ground drinking her fourth bottle of alcohol. She was a mess, her hair had fallen out of a bun, her mascara running down her face and her mouth shaking trying to produce words.

I run over to her and crouch down to her level. Tears start to form in my eyes as I watch her in pain. "Mum please stop" I say, my voice weak.
She turns to me and touches the side of my face with her cold hand. Trying to form words she finally produces a sentence. "Amelie, please go. I don't want you to see me like this" I knew I had to do as she said or she would fall out with me and not be able to control her temper, whilst under the consumption of a lot of alcohol.

"You know I don't want to leave you but I know I have to, come on let me bring you over to the sofa" I say as I gently put her on the sofa wrapping a blanket around her to keep her warm. I watch as her eyes slowly close and she falls to sleep. He did this to her. My dad. I won't ever forgive him, he knew this would happen. Before leaving my house I bend down to my mum and place a kiss on her cheek. "I love you mummy" I whisper.

Once I left my house I got a text from Alex telling me to meet him under our tree, just outside Charlie's Chippy.

Walking over to the tree I see him sitting there on his phone. His head lifts up as he hears the sound of my footsteps. "Hey! Come sit down" he gestures down beside him.

"You look upset what happened?" he asks me due to the fact I haven't spoken a word since I sat down. "Oh um-" I swallow loudly. "It's my mum she, uh-, she isn't feeling well that's all" I fake laugh. "Amelie" Alex replies looking deep into my eyes. "You can tell me anything, you know that" he says rubbing my cheek then returning to his phone going on to snapchat.

"Yeah sorry it's just I don't know, it's hard to talk about I guess" I reply with a small smile pretending that what he just did was not rude in any way. "Are you okay though?" he asks not really caring as his eyes are still glued to his phone. "Yeah, I'm fine" I say looking at his phone and seeing a video snap from Ginny Miller.

"I didn't know you were friends with Ginny" I ask curiously. "What-, what makes you think that?" he laughs. I point to Ginny's name on his screen and give him a confused look. "Oh, she must've just sent me a random video" he says laughing as if somebody just cracked a joke. My face was completely straight and he ignored me, still laughing.

"Um okay then" I awkwardly say trying to change the topic. "Well I should probably go, my mum will need me home" I say to Alex. "But you just arrived?" he replied grabbing my wrist. Nearly too tight for my liking. "I'm sorry but my mum needs me more than you do right now" I sassily say, sighing as I walk off, hearing him shout my name as I continue walking away not looking back. So much for a good supportive boyfriend.

I arrive back at my house and check in on my mum, she was still asleep thankfully. Making my way to my room I check in on my brother Joshua, not having spoke to him since yesterday.

Joshua is a typical teenager with typical teenage problems. He has brown curly hair, brown eyes and most girls find him attractive. He is part of the popular group at school, the one boy everyone wants to either be or be with. The girls would fight over him and he would pick as he chooses. Not snobby but not extremely kind. We were quite close but after mum and dads divorce we started drifting apart, just like how our whole family did.