Cousin Miguel & Berserkers

Chapter: Two

Zara was chewing on her bottom lip till it bled as Scott and Stiles carried Derek's body into the animal clinic, he was half conscious when they placed him on the metal table in the back room,  Deaton scanned him with a look of shock in his eyes. "Wow." He mumbles

"Wow? As in you've seen this before and you know what to do, wow?" Stiles asked looking at Deaton hoping he had the answer.

Deaton raises his brows, "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Zara grabbed Derek's hand in hers, "He's cold, scratch that he's freezing."

"Do you think this permanent?" Scott says with a lost look.

Deaton starts shining his light into Derek's eyes, "I don't even think a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Isaac asked

"Until he wakes up? Not much, the safest place for him would be here." Deaton says turning off his little flashlight.

"You mean he'll be safe from Kate." Jackson adds, Deaton nods silently.

"If she's alive and what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton says with a sure look on his face.

"Why would she wanna do this to him?" Lyla frowns

Zara rolls her eyes, obviously because she's the devil incarnate.

Deaton sighs, "It's probably for a reason that wont be good for anybody but her."

"So then it becomes our problem." Malia scoffs as she stands close to Kira.

"You guys should probably go home, it's a school night and he doesn't seem to be any danger." Deaton says, the parental side of him coming out. This is what happens when you constantly have teenagers in your clinic who rely on you for help. "You all need to start taking care of your own lives again, get some sleep."

Right on cue, Isaac yawns loudly.

"Okay, but someone need to stay with you though." Scott says

"I'll do it." Zara speaks up after being silent for so long, she's just anxious and she get's quiet when she's anxious, she didn't realize until now that she was still holding his hand in hers, his fingers interlaced with hers, almost like she was familiar to him.

At least that's what she hoped it was.

"My grades are fine, I have an excellent tutor." Zara looks towards Lydia who gives her a sleep deprived smile.

"Yeah.. I'm not okay with this." Stiles says

Zara sighs, Stiles can be so worried about her sometimes, "I'm fine, go home guys."

"Text us if anything happens." Scott says

Everyone else starts to leave the room, Stiles is still standing with Lydia half asleep on his shoulder as their arms are linked.

"I'm still not okay with this." Stiles frowns

"You're such a worry wart, Stilinski. Go home, your girlfriend is dozing off on your shoulder."