Quarantine & Hale

Chapter: Seven

Zara almost forgot what day it was when she walked into school with Malia. They had their PSAT's today. Zara didn't feel very stressed about it considering she was a A and B student and she caught onto everything pretty easily when she and her siblings decided to get themselves back in school.

That felt like forever ago.

She stood in line with the pack, they all looked pretty calm except Malia, and Lydia seemed to be missing. After Zara has spilled her guts about Derek to Malia last night she couldn't get herself to think about anything other than the fact that Malia's name was on the Deadpool, but not only was her name on it... her birth name was on it.

Hale.

Malia Hale.

Zara already knew about Malia being Peter's long lost daughter but she swore to Derek that she wouldn't say a word about it, and now some Deadpool was going to destroy everything, especially Malia with having a father like Peter in her life. The entire group has already seen the list, everyone agreed to keep it quiet from Malia, but honestly... the guilt was eating Zara alive.

She shook her head as she tried to push those thoughts away, "Where's Lydia?"

"She took this test in freshman year, my sister has always been a genius." Lyla shrugs as she's being embraced from behind by Isaac who has his head in the crook of her neck, Zara can hear him snoring.

He really went to sleep on her shoulder, lovely.

Zara turned towards Malia whose eyes were flickering, brown to blue. "Hey, Malia. Your eyes."

"Shit." She mumbles before blinking long and hard, when she opened them they were back to her usual dark brown.

"Malia, you're gonna be okay. You studied with so hard for this when you were with me." Kira says before gently caressing her arm for moral support.

Zara hides her smirk.

"That doesn't mean I'm gonna do good!" Malia exclaims

"Malia, you're gonna be fine." Jackson replies before squeezing her shoulder, but the light brown brunette just frowned.

"Why do we even have to take these stupid test anyway?" Malia groans

"College shit." Stiles replies

"It's mandatory if you wanna go." Scott replies

"Why can't I be smart like Lydia?" Malia sighs

"Malia, this isn't about who's smarter. And being smart is just about school. You are survival smart, if any of us got stranded in the woods with no food and now resources we would be dead. But you? You would know exactly what to do to save our asses wouldn't you?" Kira says locking her eyes with her.

Malia gives her s tiny smile, "Okay.. that made me feel... somewhat better."

"Good." Kira sighs before throwing her arm over her shoulder, "You can do this."

Malia nods, "I can do this."

Pretty soon they were all walking into the classroom and printing their thumbs on a paper before being given booklets and sitting down at their desk. They were given test instructions and then they were told to begin.