45 Minutes & Vengeance

Chapter: Eight

Zara spent the night at Malia's again, Malia just didn't speak to her which was kind of awkward but she was pissed at her so it just made sense that she wouldn't even look her in the eye at the moment. Zara felt horrible about lying to her but she promised Derek that she wouldn't say anything about it to Peter or Malia.

She feels like that promise bit her in the ass though.

Nothing happened the next day, she just got a text from Scott telling her to meet him at his house. So she vamped her way over there to see what her alpha needed from her today, but when she got there and heard what the plan was she kind of just wished she never came.

"Scott this is a stupid idea."

"But it could work." Scott reasons

"But you'll be dead!" Liam exclaims

"For 45 minutes!" he takes a breath, "This could be our last chance at finding out anything about The Benefactor guys."

"Scott, what is your mom gonna think?" Lyla crosses her arms

"She'll go along with this." Scott nods

"You're gonna make your mom play along with your death?" Jackson says, his brows reaching his temple.

"Guys if there's a chance that this works, we could stop all of this before more people need to die." Scott explains with a look of, "work with me here." on his face.

"I think this plan is insane." Isaac shakes his head.

"It is, but we have to try. Kira call your mom, we need her here." Scott orders, Kira nods before pulling out her phone.

Jackson let's out an annoyed sigh, "This is gonna be a nightmare."

When Kira's mom arrives they all move to Scott's room, Scott lays on the bed as Liam paces around the room, panicking.

"I think Liam's a little nervous, Scott." Kira says

Scott sits up a little, "Hey, Liam? I'm gonna be okay. I promise."

Liam shakes his head, "You can't promise that."

"But I can, don't worry about me." Scott says with a reassuring smile.

Liam stops pacing but his frown doesn't leave his face.

"Mom, how are you gonna do this?" Kira asked

"You've done this before, right?" Jackson says standing in the corner with his fist in his mouth.

"I've see it done." Her mom replies

"Is it just as good?" Isaac asked

"No." Her mom says, poker face on show.

"Mom! You're not exactly inspiring confidence." Kira groans

"Good. This plan is reckless, Kira." Her mom says sternly

"Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira asked

Her mom went silent, then raised her hand as a way of saying ok. "Put your hand over his heart."

Kira does that, but then Scott panics and grabs her hand. "When I'm out what will it feel like?" He asked her mom.

"It will feel like you're dreaming." Ms. Yukimura says

"Good dreams.. or bad?" Scott hesitates

"That's up to you and your mind, Scott." She replies

Scott leans back on the bed, and Kira places her hand on his chest, her hand slips under his shirt where his heart is beating before she sends electric surges from her palms. Zara winces as Scott jolts in pain, he's gasping as Kira electrocutes him, trying to stop his heart. After a few seconds of holding onto Liam and watching Scott gasp violently, his body drops and Zara can no longer hear his heartbeat.