Mantra & Home

Chapter: Eleven

Zara is woken up by Derek's alarm again, she sits up and shakes Derek awake, he's a deep sleeper when he's more human but he shot up as soon as he heard it. They shared a glance before getting up and pulling on their clothes, Zara just pulling on her bra and underwear while Derek just pulled on some sweats... reminding her again that he is wearing nothing else underneath it.

Not now, Zara!

She walks in front of him as she unlocked the door, she sees the entire pack standing in front of her, except Kira and Scott.

"Guys, what the hell? It's 9am."

"Sorry for... interrupting you guys." Liam gulps, his eyes scanning her frame, making Derek step in front of her, Zara just snorts.

"Scott and Kira have been kidnapped!" Stiles rushes out.

"What? What do you mean? Who took them?" Derek said firing questions

"It was Kate and the Berserkers, she took them to Mexico." Lydia replies

"Okay, so we have to go back to Mexico?"

"Looks like it." Jackson responded

"Okay." Zara sighs, "We're going on a rescue mission."

After everyone left and Zara and Derek were able to shower and get dressed again they were standing in the middle of the loft. Zara was feeling very overwhelmed, both of her friends were taken by the person she hated and had almost killed, and then there was Derek. The person she had said I love you to the night before, the person she made love with, the person who was fated to die and leave her.

She didn't know what to with all these emotions, she felt herself start to hyperventilate as Derek's arms anchored her back to life, she let out a shaky breath as she gazed into his jade green irises, she focused on the thumping in his chest, memorized it like it was her favorite song because eventually, that's all she'll ever remember of it.

"Zara." Derek says, caressing her cheek.

"Derek.. how are you so okay with this?"

"What do you mean?" He asked

"How are you okay going to Mexico right now? We're going against Kate and her Berserkers. You could die, you probably are going to die and you just seem... okay."

He sighs, "That's because I am okay with it."

"Well you know that I'm not okay with any of this." Her voice cracks

Derek cups her cheeks before pressing their lips together, their temples meeting as a tear slips down Zara's cheek. "If it saves Scott and Kira... then I'm okay with it."

Zara changed the subject, she didn't wanna talk about Derek and him accepting his death anymore because she couldn't handle hearing that from him.

"Speaking of Berserkers, I think we're walking into a losing battle. How do we kill them? Can they even be killed?"

Suddenly there a footsteps on the stairs, Zara groans. Why the fuck is Peter creeping in the loft when he has his own fucking place?