Chapter 2

The young woman laid on a small plank bed huddled up in a thin shabby blanket. Footsteps haled through the dark floors outside of the small dull room. They stopped but were followed by a latch being pulled back. The heavy door opened, relieving the man with shoulder-length brown hair. He walked up to the woman and yanked her up. Her eyes flew open as she was dragged from the room and down the hall. They halted in a room with a strange chair. The man threw her in it. Bride metal cuffs closed around her wrists and a part of her forearm. The woman tucked on them but with no use.

"Don't try to break free. They build it for me, so you'll not be able to get out eighter," the man chuckled darkly. She growled at him.

"I see you've prepared her already," a man laughed as he entered.

"Yes, Sir. She is locked in and only the bite splint is left now," the brunette reported.

"Good, Winter. The honor of giving it to her is all yours." Winter lifted his arm, holding a black piece of plastic in his hand.

"Open your mouth," he ordered but she refused.

"I said open your mouth!" he shouted, grabbing her hair with it, causing the bite splint to fall to the ground.

"I'll only repeat it one more time. Open. Your. Mouth," he growled, inching closer to her face with every word. For a moment, they stared at each other till she leaped her head forwards, snapping for his face but his metal hand rammed another piece in her mouth.

"She is a fighter, I see..." the man in a suit said, eyeing her up and down as she stared hatefully at him. More men entered, all dressed in white. They eighter sat down behind the screens or got to work in other areas of the room.

"Delate her and reprogram her," the man in the suit ordered.

"If we are finished here, I suggest you train her, Sergeant Barnes."

--- Time Skip ---

"I don't know what to do anymore. We've tried everything but she won't forget. We get stuff into her head but she can't be delated," one of the scientists explained, looking utterly confused and exhausted. It had been like three hours and still, the woman knew who she was and where she came from.

"Do you think you put enough into her mind so that we can make her work in our interests?" the suited man asked.

"I don't know. Why don't we ask her?" the scientist suggested. Barnes pulled the bite splint from her teeth. By now it was nearly broken anyways so he tossed it across the room.

"Soldier, will you work for us?" he asked, his voice cold and strict. For a moment, it was silent. The woman stared at him coldly.

"How about we find it out?" she smirked. Just as the man in the suit was about to speak up, the Winter-Soldier raised his hand, keeling him silent.

"Would you leave us alone for a moment?" he asked but it was more like an order. Everyone left after that, locking the door as it was only the two of them.

"Do you want someone to pay for their past actions on you?" he asked his voice nothing over a whisper. Again, she stated into his eyes.

"Yes," she growled low.

"Who?" he questioned, leaning a little closer.

"An old friend of mine..." she trailed off, a wicked grin spreading across her lips.

After some minutes, the door opened again. The man in the suit was straddled as he watched Winter and the woman walk out, her following suit. Even though she was shocked by high voltage and her mind was penetrated by unimaginable things only minutes ago, she carried herself with pure confidence and graze. Prisoners shouted as they saw the woman walk by.

She was led back to her small room where the door locked behind her.