Chapter 8

The door to her room creaked open and let cold light fall onto the dull ground.

"Soldiers!" a stern voice rang out, making the two people in the comfy bed jump.

"Posture," the voice called and the two obliged, standing straight with their gazes directed forwards.

"What is the meaning of this?" the man asked, still being the only one to say a word. Angel was the one to answer.

"He was here to keep me calm, Sir," her voice rang out.

"And why should you needed to be kept calm?" the lieutenant asked once again.

"The cramps, Sir. I didn't want you to rebuild anything again, Sir. You know the usual train of things." Now, the lieutenant didn't say a thing.

"And that it was? Nothing more?" he asked in a way calmer tone.

"Nothing, Sir," Winter answered.

"Better be true. We have other plans than that," the man mumbled before leaving towards the Director's office. Winter left afterward, only giving her a reassuring look.

Her head was starting to progress the words the lieutenant had said. What plans did they have that they were positive about her not having anything with the Soldier and did she even want to have anything with him?

Throwing on her usual uniform, she kept on thinking. Was she still able to get pregnant through all of this? Were they interested in using her DNA to create another weapon against its will? She pulled her hair up into a tight bun.

This kind of thoughts had never ever crossed her mind and yet, she couldn't get rid off of them. Whatever the meaning of it was, she was sure that she wouldn't make it easy for them.

Pushing all the things racing in her mind to the back, she made her way towards the officers' mess.

--- Time skip ---

A man with dark black hair and green eyes stood in the Director's office, watching the screens that showed what was going on in the entire complex. A smirk played on his lips as he watched the scene that unfolded itself in front of his eyes.

Screams echoed through the halls but the woman was too caught up in her drawing to notice them. She hadn't had a reason to pay any attention but again, events were taking place that they didn't know of.

Her door bursting open, getting her attention and soon, the blood in her vines ran cold. Bucky crawled into her room, his arm taken from him, and his wrist covered in blood from boundaries. The brunette had a torn uniform and bloody gashed all over his torso. Also, his face was bruised and from his temple and his lips dropped blood.

"Winter, what has happened?" she asked, standing up and helping him sit down on one of the chairs.

"They tortured me. But there was no reason," he spoke weakly. The young woman stood up straight and left the room.

"Stay," was her only word before she disappeared from view. With fast, furious steps, she made her way to the torturing area. Arriving there, she spotted a man, whipping his hands off. He had blood on his hands and Angle knew exactly who's it was.

"Sergeant," she called to get his attention.

"Yes, Colonel?" he asked, looking up at him, his brown eyes sparking with humor about his actions.

"Where you torturing Sergeant Barnes?" she asked, keeping her anger inside to not seem suspicious.

"Yes, Ma'am." He showed no regret about his actions.

"Who gave the order to do so? He is part of my division," she asked, controlling her anger getting more and more difficult.

"The Director. He wanted to show a new partner what he could take," he said, a sadistic smirk spreading across his face.

"Well then," she snapped, turning around to leave. Before she could do so, a hand met her backside with force and she swirled around. Her eyes were now black with orange-white glowing dots in them.

"Sergeant. Respect and discipline are more than important and for our goals, it is even essential," she stated, her hands starting to glow bride.

A moment later, flames reflected in green eyes that were fixed upon the monitor. A wicked grin spread onto the man's lips with the slicked back, black hair.

"And she is acting on her own accords?" he asked. His voice was slick and would get you to your knees in a moment.

"It appears that she and Barnes are quite close recently. He was her tutor and gave us the opportunity to work with her; to get her to work for us. I must say that I'm impressed about what they can achieve when they work together," the elder man stated.

"Well, then I lent them both. I just have to get them to hurt him to get her for my purposes," he smirked as he watched how she went back to her room with a first aid pack in her hands.