Chapter 7

Music filled the air as the thick walls and door kept every sound inside. The young woman danced around the room happily as Winter sat in his usual spot, for once a book in his hands. It was a fantasy book but even if it wasn't his genre, it was amusing to finally read something again. Even though he was happy to finally have something to keep himself busied, he caught himself looking more over the book than into it.

„Leeaan oooonn meeee, taaaake meeee hoooome, Iiiii'll beeee goooone." It was hilarious, watching the mop of hair fly around as its owner was originally trying to reorder her bookshelf but was now ending up holding a book in her hand while jamming out to some song playing on her phone. A smile crept upon the brunette's face as his book lowered itself into his lap.

As the song ended, the woman brushed her hair out of her face, looking at her former tutor only to catch him already looking at her. As the next song came on, her eyes stayed fixed upon his. It was a song with a clear beat but still somehow calm. Her form swayed calmly and an impulse took her over. Her hands reached to grab the book from Barnes' hands. Now, that his were empty, Angel extended hers for him to take. Skeptically, he watched her for a moment.

"Come on, Winter. No one can see or hear anything and it is evening. No one is going to stop by. You know that they are too afraid to do," she argued, her hands still outstretched. A sigh was to escape his lungs but he suppressed it and took the offer. The time as Hydra's slave had its effects on the once so open man that interacted with women without any hesitation.

Winter was pulled to his feet and stood there, holding the woman's hands, not really knowing what to do now. Taking the lead, Angel started to sway, using their joined hands to get him to follow the movement. Slowly, he got the hang of it and moved along with her, whipping energetically to the beat of the song.

Soon the song changed but it was no reason for them to stop their jam session. Song for song, the brunette felt the groove more and more and started to enjoy himself just as much as the woman he was dancing with. There was not a point that they let go of each other and at some point, after spinning her like a roundabout, she fell into his arms. Hearts beating hard, they stood there, for a moment, just enjoying the physical touch of another person.

"Stay for tonight," she breathed, soaking in every moment.

"But they'll come to wake us tomorrow morning," Winter whispered into her hair, not wanting to let go just yet.

"We'll tell them that you kept me calm since I tend to explode once a month. They know about it better than good," she whispered, a blush on her cheeks. It took a minute for an answer to be found.

"If you are sure about it?" he muttered finally, making her look up at him.

"Surely. It had been way too long that I've hugged someone and I can't lose that feeling just yet." An hour later, all books were put again and both soldiers were curled up under the sheets of the colonel's bed.

"We'll find a way out of here," she mumbled, eyelids heavy and sleep dripping from her voice.

"We'll leave together and only together." The moment after, she was asleep, back pressed to the brunette's chest and his arm draped over her waist.

"We will and I won't let them hurt you again," the brunette stated, before falling asleep himself.