Chapter 4

It was a mission like every other. Again, Hydra and a smaller cruel underground organization had disagreed and now, they sent their best men to get the things they wanted and to destruct the organization.

Music reached the one ear as the team asked last questions through the earpiece into the other one.

"Everyone on their position?" she asked.

"Storm on position."

"Brock and team on position."

"Team RAM on position." But still, one was left to report.

"Winter, are you on position?" the woman asked urgently. But no response.

"Winter-Soldier, are you on position?" she asked again.

"I had to start ahead," he reported, causing everyone to jump into action. The woman jumped from the roof, performing a backflip to see what was going on. The plan seemed to work as planned.

The door blasted open, its brims glowing bright red and yellow. Black boots made their way over it and into the hall where soldiers ran towards her. Bullets hit the men before they could aim, making their bodies slump lifelessly to the ground.

They may had gotten her to be a killer for them but still, she followed her own motivations. The woman had access to the internet, enabling her to stay on track about who was doing what, when, where and out of which motivations. She knew who the Avengers were but she couldn't leave just like that. They still held much against her.

A man attacked her from behind but was slapped against the wall fast, making him stay down. The woman's mind was still clear and that was all that mattered. She had often to hear Winter's screams as they deleted his memories again after a mission but it had gotten rarer over the last year.

"Hey soldier," she smiled sweetly as she rounded a corner and found herself face to face with a straddled man.

"I'm sorry but do you know where my friend is? He has long brown hair oh and a metal arm. I'm looking for-" she was cut off as the man tried to hit her into the face but she dodged it and therefore slammed her foot into his face, knocking him out.

"No need for being so unfriendly. I'll find him without your help then," she mumbled as she stepped over him, rubbing her tight lightly since a muscle in it strung a little, considering the move she had just performed.

Over the beat filling her ears, she heard yelling and gunshots.

"Winter, I hope you left some of the fun to me. I'll join you in a moment," she smirked over the comms as she headed down the corridor. Another door fell out of its frame its edges glowing.

"Seems like someone must show off again," Rumlow commented as he saw what an entrance the woman had made.

"No... just enjoying myself a little. You know, on the other ear, my favorite song is playing." It took them no time to clear the area, making the way free to get the vibranium.

For a moment, silence filled the air till the klick of a gun ripped through everyone's confidence. The Dark Angel was holding a gun, aiming it down from the ledge and directly onto the brown-haired man with the cold grey-blue eyes.

"See you later Winter," she smirked. The pang of the trigger being pulled, erupted, making agents flinch. Brown strands were wiped back by the projectile and crimson blood splashed from the spot where the bullet had entered the man's forehead. The brunette fell the Winter-Soldiers feet and laid there, pale, a knife in his now open hand.

As everyone looked away from the dead man by Barnes' feet, they noticed a hole in the ceiling that led to the floor above. The woman must have used her powers once again to burn a hole into the stone and had flown up to get what they were here for.

--- Back at Hydra's base ---

"Good work Dark Angle," a man in a uniform spoke, taking the blue glowing metal from the woman's hands. Her black wings were folded together behind her back.

"We've heard that you saved Barnes from getting injured. Have you may become fond of the soldier?" the same man asked, knowing that she acted on her own accord at times.

"No. Just couldn't risk to lose his abilities on the next mission," she stated flatly, her emotions hid by a lot of self-control. She was easy to set off and nearly everyone was afraid of her doing so. The benefits she got surely were connected partly to her status as a corporal but she also had to be kept calm and happy.

Back then, as her training had started, they locked her in with the most ruthless prisoners, to find out what she was capable of. It turned out that she was unkillable since her cells would recover as fast as they were to be destroyed. Also, she was capable of creating fire and to control it even if there was no air left. To make it all a little more strange, she even got two huge black wings that were wide enough to cover a line of 20 men when she flew above them.

"I see. I hope you'll remain that successful," he muttered and dismissed her.