Prologue

Notice: Please do make sure you have knowledge of book one "Hard Love: Secret's contents before proceeding with this book. Or it may be confusing as there's gonna be lots of information connected with the first book. Thank you all!

-

Previously in book 1

"She left? What do you mean she left?" Mina asked bewildered by, feeling her heart shaken, shrank up due to the word. Dahyun eyed the girl furiously, sick of her surreal acting that tricks over everyone's eyes, most of all, the cub's vulnerable heart that's been shattered and healed over and over due to this wicked woman.

"You wicked bitch."

"Kim Dahyun!" Jihyo warned as the girl gritted out those offensive words. The president does not know what happened, but she sure knows, that Mina is facing some huge problems this time. Huge to the point that it broke their relationship once again. And when it comes to this big, it can only be led to this one person. Moreover, she went back to Japan just to meet her homophobic dad right before this happens.

...

Indeed, you destroyed her at her happiest again Mina.

Mina told herself, biting onto her forearm to prevent her from making a crying noise out. Keep talking to herself in mind, regretting her doings again when it's too late. Everything turns into a Deja vu once again, she seems to never learn her mistakes somehow, and she hates herself for being a fucking coward like they say.

You destroyed her again, now that she has left, for good.

They are right...

Blame yourself, Mina.

That's all you can do... 

...

30 minutes before all that...

Dahyun closed her eyes as she picked up the small letter with trembling hands, inhaled a lungful of air before she plucked up the courage and started reading it. With just a glimpse of the first sentence, her eyes were red with tears dropping down as she couldn't hold it back anymore, knowing what she was about to read below. 

Dahyun-ah,

When you read this message in the morning, I'd prob be out of the country by now. Thanks for taking care of my soulless body these days. For not bothering you more, I decided to leave while you were soundly asleep last night.

Please, promise me Dahyun. Don't ever look for me. This is a time for me to clear my messed-up life, to run away from these pressures, pain, broken hearts. I know we made a promise to each other before, that if we're leaving for other places, we'd always bring each other, go together. I'm sorry if I had to break that promise Dub, I just need some time alone to figure out how this world operates. 

I'm going to be fine, don't worry. Bring my regards to the unnies, please make my apologies to them for not being able to congratulate them on their graduation in person. Be brave, Dahyun. Be strong when I'm elsewhere. I'll return when I get better.

Sincerely, 
Son Chaeyoung

-

The clock strikes ten in the evening, though the blinding lights don't seem to come to an end here in this sleepless city. With a press on the doorbell and a short second of wait, the door swung open with a middle-aged woman that's about her forties staring at the person who rang the bell.