-16-

MINATOZAKI SANA

Osaka 2001

"Mirani, is that her?" 

An ignorant girl with round puffy cheeks pushes her eyes into a thin line as she smiled, sticking her face onto the Japanese sliding door to peek in the small crack hole on it. The said girl beside her hummed, giggling at how the young Minatozaki is struggling to see through the hole of that thin paper on the door.

"Fancy much?" It'd be weird for such advanced words coming out from a five-year-old, but that's how Mira has been educated with, advanced learning. Even though she's having a feature of a five-year-old, her mind is as mature as an adult's. 

Sana nodded with pure admiration glistening in her pair of dreamy orbs even though she doesn't quite get the words the older just asked, but she did figure it might be something with her fondness to the scene inside. 

The strong music soon came with a soft drop, signaling it's coming to an end before the melody completely went down as the comfortable silence appeared. Four-year-old Sana quickly backed away from her spot as the door slide opened, another little girl stepped outside along with an adult woman. 

"Satō-san." Mira bids, bowing down at the noblewoman. However the woman quickly approached the kid and pushed her up, instead, she bowed back at the kid. 

"Please young master, no need to bow." The woman smiled, getting up as she patted Mira's head that made the latter smiled politely in return. She then gave Sana who's beside Mira a smile carried her ballet shoes along with her belongings, not forgetting to bow and bid at the girl who followed her out from the room before leaving.

Sana's eyes were fixed on the girl in front of her. Admiring her up close like this made Sana's heartbeat even faster, she had been stalking, or shall we say observing instead, the girl for quite a long time. After Sana passed through this room where magical melodies came out, she can't help but make a stop at this spot and peeked in the broken hole, where she found the small ballerina who's standing before her. 

Therefore, she told this newfound angel of hers to her sister like friend Mira, only to find out the little ballerina is Mira's twin. 

"Hi, I'm Minatozaki Sana." Approaching the timid girl that's afraid to meet anyone's eyes. The surprise bid made the timid girl even more stiffed, answered with a nod only, not even dare to look at Sana but at her sister Mira, looking for help. Nevertheless, the older twin surpasses a smile with a wink shoot to her sister, secretly laughing at her cowardly sister. 

Sana was never one to get afraid, especially on occasions like this. Meeting new people always thrills her, moreover meeting someone she had been relishing of. With her hands at the back, she watched every move of her friend's twin amusingly, the whole behavior of the girl's only triggered her nature of curiosity more.

"Wanna be my friend?" Beaming a sweet grin, showing her not so fully grown baby teeth. The little ballerina seemed to be taken aback at the boldness of the kid before her, finding this puffy cheek, squirrel, or hamster looking-like creature weird but cute in some way, so she nodded, shyly of course. 

There's a celebration of fireworks going on in the hamster's head after being accepted, the grin on her face goes wider as Mira behind let out a chuckle, giving a signal to her twin, that she should introduce herself as well.