-21-

:: "Life is a book" ::

HIRAI MOMO

July 2006
Osaka, Japan

"Love, there's something you need to know before I go." Momo inhaled deeply as she reached for the said person's hands, squeezing them tightly, trying to wash away the nervousness in her as she spoke. "My dad is a yakuza." In the speed of light, she finished the words in one breath quickly, it would be hard for others catching her words correctly but for the girl before her, without the need of Momo telling her, she'd know. After all, the girl read her like an open book.

"Hm," She only hummed at Momo who pulls her head up after getting no shock expressions neither responses from the overly tranquil girl. 

"Hm? That's all?" Momo questioned in confusion but still a bit nervous as this was totally different than what she had expected. She had expected the girl would go wide eye and throw tantrums at her, or give her a loud slap for keeping this away from her or just simply get ignored or even worse, a breakup because no one would want to date a mafia out of anyone's sanity. Seeing the girl still having no reactions is starting to get her worried. Pleaded, she looked down to their still connected hands, holding back the urge to cry as she thought it's the end of them. "Say something, please Mirani." 

"Boo," Mira hummed at the sulky girl who's still hanging her head low. "Momoring," She changed an endearment then tried again but still, she was ignored. Heaving a sigh she let go of their hands and reached for Momo's chin, lifting it for the girl to face her. "Why are you crying?" As soft as ever, she asked the girl before her with a gentle smile while wiping the rolling tears on her face away with her thumbs. 

"Y-you are l-leaving me, aren't you?" Momo sobbed out uncontrollably, they've just started dating not so long ago and it's the end of them already, how would she not be sad. Mira felt bad for the girl to think this way, she's upset at herself's unintentional behaviors for misleading the latter's insecure thoughts. 

"What makes you think that, hm?" The soft voice could have soothed anyone down but it only made Momo more emotional, she had always wondered what she had done to deserve such an understanding, such generous treatments even when she did something terribly wrong, such an angel like Mira. 

"I- I don't know." It's true, she doesn't. The fear had conquered her consciousness at the moment, all she could picture was the negative results she'd get after telling her true origins. 

"I knew, Momoring," Mira said with the tender look she always carried, "I knew it all along. And you being Yakuza won't change a thing we have, love is the strongest, remember that my boo." She reasoned, leaning her face over to give a light peck on the latter's cheek who went blushing at the sudden contact. Still puzzled with the fact the girl has always known, she wondered why didn't Mira brought it up or claim her anything. 

"But, why haven't you said anything? And how?" Shooting the inquires at Mira, the girl giggled, patting Momo's head lovely before she answers. 

"Silly, I'm only waiting for you to say yourself. Why would I confront you about it when you are even nervous telling me." Make sense, Momo awkwardly smiled as she scratched her head, swaying her hip then give a sign, which Mira takes as the cue to continue and not mind the embarrassing latter. "Actually, I knew it just yesterday. Kinda overheard Papa's conversation and uncle's when they had a phone call." And that makes even more sense to Momo, she nearly thought that Mira solved it herself with all the intelligence she owns. Mira has been known as the Myoui's einstein twins after all. Other than the little one, Myoui Mina.