Chapter 10

One week later...

Viola's POV

It's been an entire week and I finally get to leave the hospital. Everyone has come in as much as possible. I mean, mostly everyone. I haven't seen Enzo since the day I woke up. Papa says he's working. Antonio barely left at all but i convinced him to go home, shower, and rest two nights ago. He came back bright and early the next morning with cupcakes and a teddy bear. I had scolded him for waking up early when he should've been resting, but i was truly grateful for the company. Since coming back if i don't have anyone sleeping in the room with me my sleep is unfortunately plagued with nightmares.  

I pull myself back to the present. Papa is packing up the few things that I have with me which are mainly "get better soon" gifts, some sweatshirts the boys brought for me, and a few things that I had with me when the day that I escaped. He says that we will have to go shopping once we get home. I've healed a lot and walking is much easier now. 

I'm waiting for Antonio to get to my room with the clothes so I can change before we leave. 

He walks into the room holding bag. Walking straight to me he pulls me into a tight hug giving me a kiss on the forehead before handing me the bag. 

I walk into the bathroom, sporting a slight limp, but walking nonetheless which Roni tells me is an accomplishment in itself, due to the fact that I was shot in the thigh just a bit over a week ago. In the bag, I find a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I put them on and walk out. His clothes are huge on me but I don't mind. I like how they smell like him. It calms me down. 

I walk out and he smiles at me.

"Dad went to put your stuff in the car," he says when I begin to look around. I nod smiling slightly.

"Ready?" he asks me offering me his hand. 

I look around the hospital room one more time and respond smiling.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I nod, grabbing his hand. We walk through the hallways until we get to the reception area. I see Roni waiting by the doors. Toni groans as I pull him by his hand rushing over to give her a hug. 

She chuckles as I tackle her from behind. 

"You certainly have a lot of energy today," she smiles pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear. "How are you feeling? Excited to leave?" 

"Much better! I am excited too, but I'm gonna miss everyone here." She nods. "Well, your dad is just getting the car." She says. Just as she finishes her sentence Dr. Hexler comes rushing over in casual clothes which is odd for him but I don't question it. 

"Wow Viola were you really going to leave without saying goodbye to me" He pouts, making me let out a little giggle. 

"I asked Nurse Evelyn to find you but she said you weren't here, I asked when you'd be back and she said you wouldn't," I said confused. He looks around like he's trying to form an answer "Oh um yes, today was... today was my day off, yeah, but you know I couldn't let my favorite patient leave without giving her a hug first." I smile and blush slightly. "Well, I'm glad you did although I think I might come back here with Roni sometimes so you won't have to miss me too much." I giggle. Moving forward and releasing Toni's hand I pull Hexler into a tight hug. "Thank you for saving me Dr. Hexler," I whisper. "It was my pleasure, Viola. Thank you for keeping me entertained while you were here. You'd be surprised how boring a hospital can be." He chuckles, a knowing look flashing through his eyes that I didn't quite understand before turning back "By the way Viola?" I nod "No need for the formalities. No 'dr. hexler' needed. My name is Alexander" He says. I think for a moment before smiling brightly.