Chapter 15

We all start to head inside.

As they walked to the kitchen Papa kicked off a conversation with Drei, followed by Roni and Ana squealing about something to do with mine and Lex's wedding.

The rest of us trailed behind with Lex and I leading the group.

Once we got inside I felt a small impact on my legs.

I stumble slightly but Alexi catches me, not breaking his conversation with Benedetto but helping me to regain my balance. 

I turn to look at the little attacker and find that Lucas has latched himself onto my legs, hiding his face in my sweats.

I turned and picked him up, mindful of my hand. Speaking of my hand it's still pretty bruised, I'm trying my best to make sure Alexi doesn't see it because I really don't want to set him off.

"Lex?" I called him over quietly. He looked at me and I tilted my head in a way that told him to follow me. The boys were busy talking with Genn, who they had slightly warmed up to in the past few minutes, and didn't notice.

I brought Lex to one of the living rooms. I gestured to Lucas and his face contorted in confusion.

"Lucas?" I ask

He nods shifting slightly to look me in the eyes.

"I want you to meet someone okay?"

He nods once again.

"Lex," I say, he looks at me then Lucas "This is my little brother Lucas," I say smiling.

"Lucas, this is my boyfriend Alexi," I say looking Luc in the eyes.

Luc looks over, eyes widening when he sees Lex.

He hides his face in my chest as a light tint spreads over his chubby cheeks.

I giggle and Lex smiles lightly at the reaction.

"Luc, can you say hi to Alexi?" Lucas shyly waves, face still buried in my shirt. I go to interject knowing Lex might not know what to say but I'm interrupted.

"Hi, Lucas." Alexi says, "I love your shirt, who's your favorite Avenger?" Lex asks referring to the endgame pajamas that Luc was wearing.

Lucas slightly looks up. "You know the avengers?" He asks.

Lex nods chuckling "My favorite is Captain America, who's yours?."

"My favorites are Iron Man and Black widow." He says excitedly, shyness suddenly completely dissipated. I watch in awe as Lucas's eyes light up while he talks to Lex about the Avengers. All the while, Alexi just smiles slightly, nodding and occasionally responding with his insights.

Lucas hops out off of where he's sat on my lap, snapping me out of my trance. We had moved to the couch. He crawls over to Lex, climbing into his lap to reach the action figure that was sitting on the side table.

Lex doesn't even look phased. I worry for a second that Luc might fall but Lex supports him perfectly. I smile brightly at the way they interact.

Alexi is an amazing guy, I tear up thinking of how much I missed him these past few months and how relieved I am that Papa seems okay with our relationship.

Lex meets my teary smile and gives me a concerned look. I shake my head, shifting closer to lean my head on his shoulder and listen to Lucas talk about the Hulk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At some point, while Lucas is talking Alexi's hand searches for mine. I grab his completely forgetting about the bruise. I wince when he tightens his hand.