Chapter 13

Just as Antonio finishes his sentence I feel a little body attack my legs.

"Vivi!" Lucas exclaims, muffled slightly by the sweatpants.

I stumble a bit but Antonio catches me. Without thinking I put my hands under Lucas's armpits attempting to hoist him into my arms.

I whimper slightly at the pain in my hand and lower him back down.

"What's wrong?" Antonio asks quickly.

I sigh down at my hand and his eyes sadden slightly. 
"No, not again Toni, it's not your fault we already went over this. I just need some ice.

Papa and Roni rush over. "I'll prep an ice pack for you," Roni says, running inside.

"Thank you, mom!" I call after her. She turns and smiles brightly "Of course, love"

I turn back to Antonio to see him holding back tears as he wipes a traitorous one off his face. 

"Toni, please, it's not your fault" I exclaim "I'm fine," I say 

He smiles brokenly, nodding unsurely before turning and starting to walk away.

I look to Lucas and whisper something in his ear to which he looks at me hesitantly. He seems nervous but I grab his hand.

"HUG ATTACK" I yell as I pick up Lucas in my good arm and jump on Antonio. He turns around as we jump him and catches both of us relatively easily despite him stumbling. Chuckling slightly cuddling into us both. Lucas seems shocked by Toni's reaction but nuzzles into his neck nonetheless. 

After a minute I slowly lower myself down smiling at Antonio reassuringly. I smile as I find that Lucas seems to have fallen asleep on Toni.

Toni seems to notice as well and adjusts him lovingly so that he's comfortable. I smile happily seeing how much their relationship has changed since that first day in the relationship. 

Most of the older boys have really opened up to Roni and Lucas since I got back. Nicolo and Ben were relatively easy. Marco was already pretty open with them but has still obviously gotten more comfortable. The only ones I was still working on were Toni and Enzo. 

Today was a big breakthrough for Toni but I haven't gotten a chance to work on Enzo because he's been busy, he hasn't even really come to the hospital much to see me. He was always working. Honestly, it hurts a bit cause since the first day I got back he's been off. I think i might have an inkling as to why.

I guess I'll have to try to talk to him today, I think to myself.

As we get to the front doors I'm met with two guards one who looks to be in his 40s and the other looks like he's in his early 30s. They bow their heads reverently at me. 

"Miss" they greet me in sync

I chuckle "No need to be formal, please, call me Vi or Viola."

They nod smiling slightly. 

Antonio looks over. "Oh, Viola, this is Fred..." he says pointing to the older man "and Joey,", he points to the younger one. "They're two of our trusted guards." I smile brightly.

"I look forward to hanging out with you guys!" I say, excited to interact with new people. They look intimidating but they're definitely teddy bears. I don't get any bad vibes from them.

They both smile brightly and open the doors.

I'm met in the foyer with the wonderful aroma of chocolate chip cookies. That is immediately interrupted by the strong scent of Nicolo's cologne as he engulfs me into his arms.