Chapter 21

Benedetto's POV

I turn back as I rush into the store only to see Viola staring at her Oreos like they are the most beautiful thing she has ever seen before quite literally tearing them open and shoving two into her mouth. I chuckle and then turn to the doors taking a deep breath and letting the reality of my plight settle in.

I make my way into the, now somehow very busy, grocery store looking around frantically for George. After making a lap around the store and not finding him I loop back around and run into his manager.

"Lynn?" I call out.

"Hey, back so soon? Is your sister alright?" She asks sweetly. I nod.

"Yeah, she's fine. I-um I'm looking for that employee that helped us out. George- he's my... I'm his-" I stutter. She chuckles.

"You must be the mysterious Ben then huh?" I blink rapidly but hesitantly nod.

"He talks about you all the time. Gosh, that boy loves you more than life itself. You've got a good one." I take a deep breath and weakly smile.

"Oh! Silly me sitting here talking. He's in the stock room all the way in the back next to aisle 15 on the right," She chuckles. I thank her and rush over in that direction.

As I get there I hear the hum of loud music coming out of headphones. He always listens to it loud when he's upset. I take a deep breath before pushing the door open. His back is to me as he loads up boxes on a flat cart.

As he places down the last box his head drops down and he lets out a heavy sigh. My limbs seem to move on their own and before I know it, I'm clutching him in my arms tightly.

He tenses and tries to back away, confused with the sudden impact but I tighten my hold. After a few seconds, he seems to notice it's me as he calms down and gives up on getting out of my arms. I rub his back and play with his hair as he brings his breathing back to normal.

When he's collected he pushes against my chest. Not wanting to upset him further I release him, feeling growing pangs of pain as he backs further away from me.

"I've- um, I have to get back to work," He says blankly staring at his shoes. I open my mouth to respond but he rushes over to the cart and begins to push it towards the door.

"Wait, babe!" I beg as I grab his hand. He pulls his hand out of my grip mumbling something about talking later.

I reach out once again and grab his shoulder, turning him to face me.

"Baby, please," I whisper, looking at him brokenly. He shakes his head

"Benedetto," he sighs out turning to face me and letting the door he was opening close.

"George, please, I'm sorry," I say, my voice breaking as I speak

"Ben, I don't want you to be sorry, I want you to be proud to be with me. I can't keep hiding that I love you. It's not fair!" He whispers shouts as tears fill his eyes. "You didn't want Viola to know so badly that you couldn't even tell her my name. I feel like some kind of side chick like I'm not worth enough to you to meet your family. I- I know you're worried about telling, them but I can't keep feeling like this, I just.. I c-can't, I can't-" His voice starts to break up as he finishes his sentence.

I cut him off by pulling him into my chest once again.

"George, I am so proud to be with you. I love you, you know that. I-I told Viola. I mean she figured it out, but she knows. You know I'm terrified to tell the rest of my family. But, I love you, and I will do anything for you. Which means I need to tell them. I will tell them" I say. He begins to interrupt me